Ned Lukacevic Returns To Providence
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins, in their 18th year in the American Hockey League, announced that they have signed forward Ned Lukacevic to a Professional Tryout Agreement from the ECHL's Las Vegas Wranglers. With the move, the P-Bruins have 26 players on their roster, including 15 forwards, nine defensemen and two goaltenders.
Lukacevic, 24, ranks seventh in the ECHL with 62 points, including 25 goals and 37 assists. The fifth-year pro has appeared in 59 games for Las Vegas, where he is second on the Wranglers in points and tied for first in goals, both career-highs. Lukacevic comes to the P-Bruins riding a seven-game point-streak and he has been racking up points with regularity since January 1. The left wing has points in 25 of his last 30 games, including 18 goals and 25 assists for 43 points overall. He also has 14 multiple-point games to his credit this season.
The native of Podgorica, Serbia, makes his return to the AHL and Providence, where he spent the majority of the 2008-09 season. Lukacevic was traded by the Philadelphia Flyers with a 2009 conditional draft pick to the Boston Bruins for defenseman Andrew Alberts on October 13, 2008 and went on to appear in 52 regular season games for the P-Bruins last season, registering three goals and five assists. He added one assist in eight postseason contests. Lukacevic also suited up for 13 contests with the ECHL's Reading Royals, recording four goals and three assists.
Lukacevic has enjoyed AHL time with Providence and the Manchester Monarchs, as well as ECHL stints with Las Vegas and Reading. In 273 professional regular season and playoff games, the forward has 142 points (58g, 84a) and 167 penalty minutes. Prior to turning pro, Lukacevic spent parts of five junior seasons in the Western Hockey League with the Spokane Chiefs and Swift Current Broncos. He was selected 110th overall by the Los Angeles Kings in round four of the 2004 National Hockey League Entry Draft.
Providence returns to action with three games against the East Division this week, beginning Friday at the Dunkin' Donuts Center against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:05 p.m. for St. Patty's T-Shirt Night. On Saturday, the P-Bruins travel to New York to take on the Adirondack Phantoms at 7 p.m. Then, Providence hosts the Binghamton Senators at 4:05 p.m. on Sunday for another Amica Lip Balm Night. To purchase 2009-10 season tickets, Flex Tix or individual game tickets, please call the Providence Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2010
- Ned Lukacevic Returns To Providence - Providence Bruins
- Sabres Extend Affiliation Agreement With Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Bernier Gets The Call From The Kings - Manchester Monarchs
- Saturday Night's Wolf Pack Game To Air On WTIC NewsTalk 1080 - Connecticut Whale
- Moose, Canadian Blood Services Team Up For "Great Save" Blood Donor - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Announce 2010 Clear Day Roster - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Host Toronto Saturday With Post-Game Foreigner Concert - Milwaukee Admirals
- River Rats Announce Clear Day Roster - Albany River Rats
- Pirates Announce 2010 Clear Day Roster - Portland Pirates
- Worcester Sharks Announce Clear Day Roster - Worcester Sharks
- Sound Tigers Announce Clear Day Roster - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Houston Aeros Announce Clear Day Roster - Houston Aeros
- Houston Aeros To Participate In American Red Cross Event Today - Houston Aeros
- Rivermen Announce Clear Day List - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Announce 2010 Clear Day Roster - Binghamton Senators
- IceHogs Announce 2010 Clear Day Roster - Rockford IceHogs
- Texas Stars Announce Clear Day Roster - Texas Stars
- Monarchs Announce Clear Day Roster - Manchester Monarchs
- P-Bruins Announce Clear Day Roster - Providence Bruins
- B-Sens And B-Mets Team For Anthem Performer Auditions - Binghamton Senators
- Rampage Announce Clear Day Roster - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Set Playoff Roster - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Announce Clear Day Roster - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bulldogs Announce Clear Day Roster - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Sign Mike Hoffman To AHL Contract - Connecticut Whale
- Bears Release 2010 Clear Day Roster - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Announce Clear Day Roster - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Set Clear Day Roster - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Finalize Clear Day Roster - Manitoba Moose
- AHL Releases Clear Day Lists - AHL
- Griffins Announce Clear Day Roster - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Sign Defenseman Taylor Vichorek - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins Plague Rats In Wednesday Night Shootout - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.