Naturals Game Postponed on June 23rd
SPRINGDALE, Ark - The Northwest Arkansas Naturals game this afternoon - Sunday, June 23rd - against the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A Affiliate of the Texas Rangers, has been postponed due to inclement weather.
Today's game has been rescheduled for Saturday, August 31st - as part of a twi-night, same admission doubleheader - where the two teams will play two seven-inning contests. Gates will open to the public at 3:30 p.m. for Game 1 between the Naturals and RoughRiders that is scheduled to begin at 4:00 p.m. whereas Game 2 will begin approximately 30 minutes after Game 1 concludes. All fans with tickets for Saturday, August 31st will be able to enjoy both of games of the doubleheader at Arvest Ballpark during Fan Appreciation Weekend.
All tickets from Sunday, June 23rd are eligible, per the Naturals' official weather policy, to be exchanged in-person at the Arvest Ballpark Box Office for a ticket of equal value, based on availability, to any remaining 2019 regular season home game. Tickets from the rainout on June 23rd are only valid for the doubleheader on Saturday, August 31st if they are exchanged for a ticket(s) to that date. Exchanges need to be done in-person at the Arvest Ballpark Box Office during normal operating hours. The Box Office opens at 12 p.m. on gamedays while on non-gamedays it is open 12 p.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, as well as 12 p.m. until 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Northwest Arkansas will now break for the 83rd annual Texas League All-Star game to be played on Tuesday, June 25th at ONEOK Field in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Six members of the Naturals were originally selected to represent the North Division in the exhibition against the South All-Stars as Gabriel Cancel, Khalil Lee, D.J. Burt, Gerson Garabito, Ofreidy Gomez, and Conner Greene all were given the honor. Cancel and Lee were voted as starters.
The Naturals return to action on Thursday night when the take on the Double-A Cardinals for a 4-game series in Springfield before returning to Arvest Ballpark on Monday, July 1st for a 3-game set against the Arkansas Travelers.
The Northwest Arkansas Naturals are the Double-A Texas League Affiliate of the Kansas City Royals. The Naturals play at state-of-the-art Arvest Ballpark in Springdale, Ark. For more information, including statistics, ticket options, and more, please visit NWANaturals.com, and follow us on Twitter @NWANaturals and Facebook.com/Naturals.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 23, 2019
- Godoy and Cards Slam Hooks, 12-5 - Springfield Cardinals
- Hooks Fall Sunday as Teams Head to All-Star Break - Corpus Christi Hooks
- White's Clutch Homer Sends Travs into Break with Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Tulsa Edges Past Amarillo in Series Finale - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Drillers Beat Amarillo, Head into All-Star Break - Tulsa Drillers
- Sunday's Game Postponed by Rain - Frisco RoughRiders
- Friedrichs Shines in Win over Travelers - Midland RockHounds
- Naturals Game Postponed on June 23rd - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Hooks Outlast Cardinals in 11-Inning Marathon, 6-4 - Springfield Cardinals
- Duarte's Homer Gives Hooks 6-4 Win in 11 - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northwest Arkansas Naturals Stories
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals Will Not Play in 2020 as Minor League Baseball Seasons Are Canceled
- Northwest Arkansas Naturals Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Naturals to Celebrate 'Naturals at Home Opener' on Social Media on Thursday, April 16th
- Arvest Ballpark Closed
- Statements from Minor League Baseball and the Naturals