Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (25-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-30)
Game #65: Nashville Sounds (25-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-30)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (4-5, 4.60) vs. RHP Jake Buchanan (3-4, 6.25)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
All fans win on Winning Wednesday presented by Pepsi at First Tennessee Park. The first 1,000 fans through the gates are guaranteed a free prize. Additionally, all fans are welcome to run the bases after the game if the Sounds win.
Minor League Baseball's Pride Night - MiLB and the Sounds will #StrikeOutHate and celebrate the LGBTQ community by promoting acceptance and inclusion for all members of Middle Tennessee communities at First Tennessee Park. Those interested must contact the Nashville Sounds sales team to receive a discount code.
From the Notes
Tim Dillard: 35-year-old Tim Dillard starts for the Sounds in the series opener tonight. The right-hander is 4-5 with a 4.60 ERA in 17 games (7 starts) in 2019. Dillard's ERA ranks 9th-best among qualifying Pacific Coast League pitchers. He last pitched on June 7 in a start against Tacoma in which he picked up his 4th win. He allowed 2 earned runs in 6.1 innings and struck out a season-high 7 batters. Dillard is the Nashville Sounds all-time leader in innings pitched (619.1), wins (43), strikeouts (370), runs allowed (344) and walks (212) and is currently second all-time in games (226) and home runs allowed (51). In his career, Dillard has pitched in 73 big league games and 495 minor league games. He signed a minor-league free agent contract with the Texas Rangers on December 21, 2018.
Welcome Back, Old Friends: Las Vegas and Nashville meet for the first time since Oakland and the Sounds parted ways this past offseason. Over the four years as Triple-A affiliate of the Athletics, the Sounds posted a 289-276 record with 1 playoff appearance (2016). 11 current Aviators are former Sounds - Paul Blackburn, Ben Bracewell, Ryan Dull, Daniel Mengden, Norge Ruiz, J.B. Wendelken, Franklin Barreto, Jorge Mateo, Sheldon Neuse, Dustin Fowler and Nick Martini. The entire Las Vegas Field Staff, led by Manager Fran Riordan, is the same as in Nashville for the 2018 season.
High-Flying Offense: Nashville pitching will have their hands full with a prolific Las Vegas offense during the three-game set. Las Vegas ranks second in the Pacific Coast League in batting average (.290), runs scored (430), doubles (145) while leading the league in triples (29). They have also hit the 6th-most home runs (93) in the league and are tied for 6th in stolen bases (47).
Pill Finding His Way as a Hitter: Since joining the team in late May, pitcher-turned-hitter Tyler Pill has hit safely in 9 of the 12 games he has played in and has a .289 (13-for-45) average. Pill has hit safely in 5 consecutive games. During the streak he's hitting .368 (7-for-19) with 4 runs scored, 2 RBI and 1 walk.
Down Home: The Sounds return home to First Tennessee Park for a seven-game homestand. The club has had its struggles at home with a 10-23 record. In the 33 games, the Sounds have averaged only 3.94 runs per game (130/33) and owns a team batting average of .231. It's the 2nd-lowest home average in the PCL, ahead of only the .227 clip Memphis is hitting at home. Of active Sounds, infielder Andy Ibáñez has the best home numbers with a .310 (31-for-100) batting average.
What's the word around Nashville?
Nashville's #1 Sports Station (@1045TheZone)
The @3HL1045 is broadcasting from @FirstTNPark leading up to tonight's @nashvillesounds game vs Las Vegas at 7:05p! Listen LIVE here: - 104.5 FM - 1045TheZone.com
Ballpark Digest (@ballparkdigest)
Time for the 2nd round of the Ballpark Digest 2019 MiLB Triple-A #bestoftheballparks fan vote! We're asking you to choose between Smith's Ballpark (@SaltLakeBees home) and First Tennessee Park (@nashvillesounds home). Every vote counts! To vote, go here: ballparkdigest.com/2019/06/10/tri...
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Memphis Wins Series Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Extra Innings Doom Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Rainiers Rally in Tenth for First Extra Innings Victory in San Antonio - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Roll to 11-5 Win over Salt Lake - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Hold Aviators to Two Hits in Shutout Win - Nashville Sounds
- Taking a New Assignment in Stride - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (25-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-30) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (27-38) vs Salt Lake Bees (29-34) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds, Sissy's Log Cabin to Give Away a Rolex on Saturday, June 29 - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds Stung by Bees in Doubleheader Sweep
- Nashville Sounds Doubleheader Information: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37)
- Sounds and Bees Postponed at First Tennessee Park
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-41) vs. Salt Lake Bees (31-37)
- Seven-Run Second Haunts Sounds in Loss