Memphis Wins Series Opener
The Memphis Redbirds broke a 4-4 tie with five runs in the seventh inning and cruised to an 11-5 win over the Salt Lake Bees on Wednesday night.
The Redbirds loaded the bases with no outs before Tyler O'Neill singled off of the glove of Salt Lake pitcher Jose Rodriguez to take a 6-5 lead. They would add four more runs on a pair of fielder's choices, a single and a sacrifice fly. The Bees jumped in front in the first on a three run double by Kaleb Cowart and a second inning solo homer by Matt Thaiss, who has now gone deep in three consecutive games, to take a 4-1 lead. Memphis came back with two in the third and one in the fifth to tie the game.
Rodriguez (1-1) was charged with the loss, as he went one and one-third innings and allowed five runs, four earned, on four hits with two walks and one strikeout. Starter J.C. Ramirez, who was making his second major league rehab start from the Angels, went just four and two-third innings and gave up four runs on six hits with two walks, two hit batters and one strikeout. Cowart led the Bees offensively with two hits and three runs batted in, while Ty Kelly reached base in all five plate appearances with three walks, two singles and one RBI. Michael Hermosillo and Jared Walsh each added two hits, as Salt Lake left 12 runners on base.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Memphis Wins Series Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Extra Innings Doom Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Rainiers Rally in Tenth for First Extra Innings Victory in San Antonio - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Roll to 11-5 Win over Salt Lake - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Hold Aviators to Two Hits in Shutout Win - Nashville Sounds
- Taking a New Assignment in Stride - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (25-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-30) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (27-38) vs Salt Lake Bees (29-34) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 12, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Redbirds, Sissy's Log Cabin to Give Away a Rolex on Saturday, June 29 - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ