Nashville SC Hosts Second Annual Trivia Cup at Bavarian Bierhaus
NASHVILLE - On Thursday night, Nashville Soccer Club hosted the second annual Trivia Cup at Bavarian Bierhaus at the Opry Mills Mall. Nashville SC players answered trivia questions alongside Nashville fans, and the top three teams won prizes including Bavarian Bierhaus gift cards, on-field experiences at a Nashville SC match, and customized Trivia Cup champion jerseys.
This year, Taylor Washington's "House Circus" team took home the top prize after being the only team to answer the final trivia question correctly. Nashville SC fan Jon Lewis, who won last year's Trivia Cup on a team with Michael Reed, got the final question correct for "House Circus" by naming the Jules Rimet Trophy as the original World Cup trophy that was given to Brazil in perpetuity and subsequently stolen.
"I remembered it from somewhere deep in the recesses of my memory," Lewis said. "I think there's a documentary about the trophy on Netflix or something."
Washington was excited to win the Trivia Cup, and also thrilled to get the unique chance to interact with fans on a personal level and spend time with them away from the pitch.
"I think that's the best thing about this club, they do an incredible job of interacting with the community," Washington said. "I think a lot of teams see their players on the field and never really get to know them, and through events like this and other community events, and thank God I've been able to be a part of them, I've been able to form relationships with fans. I've been able to make five more relationships tonight with great people, able to share a ton of laughs, and after a game you can go up to them and the smile means a lot more."
The Nashville SC defender contributed to the team's success as well, guessing correctly in the trivia category about rivers by drawing upon some knowledge from his days in middle school.
"I remember in Sixth Grade, Mr. Picone's class teaching me about the Tigris and Euphrates, Mesopotamia, the Fertile Cresecent, I remembered it all," Washington said. "And then the Yangtze River, I mean shoot, it was just coming off of the tongue."
Nashville SC's Justin Davis was the emcee of the event and asked questions on everything from the Women's World Cup to songs about Nashville. He was also happy to get to be around so many fans in a casual, friendly environment.
"I think that's what we want as a club," Davis said. "We want our players and our fans to be one and come together at these community events and hang out and maybe not be friends, but be able to spend time together, get to know each other on a different level and just bond over soccer and the club."
For the two-time Trivia cup champion Lewis, who watches the Boys in Gold week in and week out, he was delighted to get to be around the players and to interact with the guys he cheers for each week.
"It's the coolest thing that you can possibly do," Lewis said. "I love getting to know these guys. I cheer for them every week, and it's amazing. I love this thing."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 7, 2019
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 3-1 against New York Red Bulls II - Atlanta United 2
- Three Things to Know About Sunday's Nashville SC Match at Bethlehem Steel FC - Nashville SC
- Legion FC Match Preview - Birmingham Legion FC
- San Antonio FC Hosts Reno 1868 FC at Toyota Field - San Antonio FC
- Three Upcoming Bethlehem Steel FC Matches Moved to Alternative Locations - Bethlehem Steel FC
- North Carolina FC Closes Three-Game USL Road Trip on Saturday Versus Tampa Bay - North Carolina FC
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance at Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - June 8, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Memphis 901 FC Returns to AutoZone Park Tomorrow as It Hosts Eastern Conference Foe Indy Eleven - Memphis 901 FC
- Match Preview: Toros Face Monarchs in Utah - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Match Preview: San Antonio FC v Reno 1868 FC - Reno 1868 FC
- Nashville SC to Host Women's World Cup Watch Parties as Part of "Fan Jam Series" - Nashville SC
- Canadian National Team Player & MLS Veteran Dejan Jakovic Joins Lights FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Defender Neveal Hackshaw to Represent Trinidad & Tobago at CONCACAF Gold Cup - Indy Eleven
- Nashville SC Hosts Second Annual Trivia Cup at Bavarian Bierhaus - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: #TBRvNC - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Energy FC Wrap up Road Trip Tomorrow in Fresno - OKC Energy FC
- Real Monarchs SLC Welcomes Rio Grande Valley FC to Herriman for Pups at the Pitch Night - Real Monarchs SLC
- U.S. Open Cup Hero Signs with Independence - Charlotte Independence
- Louisville City Giving Free Tickets to Educators Saturday - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Doolsta Excited to Compete in First International FIFA 20 Competition of the Season
- Pickens, Tribbett, Davis Named to USL Championship All-Opta First Team
- Samuel Abraham Crowned Champion of Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge
- Nashville SC to Auction 2019 Branded Stadium Signage with All Proceeds Going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital