Nashville SC Announces Two More International Call-Ups Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club announced today that midfielders Aníbal Godoy (Panama) and Randall Leal (Costa Rica) will represent their respective countries in upcoming Concacaf World Cup Qualifying matches.
Godoy and Leal will square off against one another this Thursday at Rommel Fernández in Panama in the first match of this qualifying round.
Godoy and the Panamanian squad will then take on Jamaica on Sept. 5, while wrapping up the round with a home match in Panama against Mexico on Sept. 8.
Godoy earned his 105th international cap in June as Panama faced Mexico in an international friendly at Nissan Stadium in Nashville. In his last six appearances with Panama, they have amassed a 4W-1L-1D record with their most recent win coming against Curaçao as part of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier for Concacaf.
This season as member of the Boys in Gold, Godoy has appeared in 15 matches, leading Nashville to a 6W-1L-8D record and ranks second in MLS in passing accuracy percentage at 92.88 percent (minimum 15 matches played).
Leal has been a sparkplug for the Costa Rican National Team and has earned 20 caps since making his debut on Sept. 7, 2018. Most recently, Leal appeared in the Concacaf Nations League Finals, where he squared off against Mexico and Honduras in June before facing his Nashville SC teammate Walker Zimmerman and the USMNT in an international friendly.
Leal and Costa Rica will take on Mexico on Sept. 5 after their match against Panama on Sept. 2. Costa Rica will wrap up this round of qualifying with a match against Jamaica on Sept. 8. This season for Nashville, Leal has registered an MLS career-high four goals and six assists.
Nashville SC returns to the pitch this Friday night at Nissan Stadium against New York City FC for the first time in club history. Friday's match can be seen on the live stream a NashvilleSC.com/stream.
Visit NashvilleSC.com and follow the club's social channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to keep up with Nashville SC players on international duty.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 31, 2021
- Timbers Midfielder Eryk Williamson to Miss Remainder of Season - Portland Timbers
- Emi Ochoa Called to Mexico U-18 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Kyle Scott - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew Announces Call-Ups for September International Window - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls-NYCFC Match Rescheduled for September 22 - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Defender Oniel Fisher Called up to Jamaica Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Timbers, Thorns FC Team up with Local Partners to Celebrate 10th Anniversary of Stand Together Week September 5-11 - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Announces Two More International Call-Ups Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers - Nashville SC
- The Pitch: 74 MLS Players Called to Represent National Teams for World Cup Qualifying - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Loan Midfielder Jack de Vries to Venezia FC - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville Soccer Club Signs Joksan Redona as the Club Newest eMLS Athlete
- Back-To-Back MLS Defender of the Year and 2021 MLS Best XI Selection Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Friendly
- Nashville Soccer Club's Hany Mukhtar and Walker Zimmerman Named to the 2021 MLS Best XI
- Nashville Soccer Club's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year for Second Consecutive Season
- Nashville SC Signs Partnership with Transcard, Including Transcard Terrace at Nashville SC Stadium