LA Galaxy Defender Oniel Fisher Called up to Jamaica Men's National Team
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy today announced that defender Oniel Fisher has been called up by the Jamaica Men's National Team for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifying matches.
Fisher, 29, has played in five games (2 starts) for the Galaxy during the 2021 campaign, logging 172 minutes of action. The Portmore, Jamaica, native has made 20 appearances (18 starts) for the Jamaican National Team since making his debut for the national team in a 1-0 win over Honduras on Feb. 16, 2017. Jamaica begins FIFA World Cup Qualifying by traveling to face Mexico on Thursday, Sept. 2 (7:05 p.m. PT), plays host to Panama on Sunday, Sept. 5 (3:00 p.m. PT) and traveling to play Costa Rica on Wednesday, Sept. 8 at (6:00 p.m. PT).
Notably, Fisher joins defenders Danilo Acosta (Honduras) and Niko Hämäläinen (Finland) and midfielders Carlos Harvey (Panama), Sebastian Lletget (United States), Jonathan dos Santos (Mexico) and Rayan Raveloson (Madagascar) as Galaxy players who will be representing their respective national teams for FIFA World Cup Qualifying.
Following the upcoming break, the LA Galaxy return to regular-season action when they travel to face the Colorado Rapids at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Saturday, Sept. 11. The Sept. 11 match kicks off at 12:30 p.m. PT and features a national television broadcast on Univision.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 31, 2021
- Timbers Midfielder Eryk Williamson to Miss Remainder of Season - Portland Timbers
- Emi Ochoa Called to Mexico U-18 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Cincinnati Sign Midfielder Kyle Scott - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew Announces Call-Ups for September International Window - Columbus Crew SC
- Red Bulls-NYCFC Match Rescheduled for September 22 - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Defender Oniel Fisher Called up to Jamaica Men's National Team - LA Galaxy
- Timbers, Thorns FC Team up with Local Partners to Celebrate 10th Anniversary of Stand Together Week September 5-11 - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Announces Two More International Call-Ups Ahead of World Cup Qualifiers - Nashville SC
- The Pitch: 74 MLS Players Called to Represent National Teams for World Cup Qualifying - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Loan Midfielder Jack de Vries to Venezia FC - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Midfielder Victor Vázquez
- LA Galaxy Sign Free Agent Goalkeeper Richard Sanchez
- LA Galaxy to Host Inaugural Coachella Valley Invitational February 10 - 19 at Empire Polo Club
- LA Galaxy Select Three Players in MLS SuperDraft 2022
- LA Galaxy Sign Midfielder Raheem Edwards