Nailers, Thomas Auto Centers Team up for Veterans
WHEELING,WV-The Wheeling Nailers are joining Thomas Auto Centers of St. Clairsville for its Freedom Tree Initiative, which kicks off Wednesday at the local auto dealership on Mall Road in St. Clairsville, and on November 3rd at Wesbanco Arena when the Nailers host the Cincinnati Cyclones.
The Freedom Tree is an annual fundraiser to benefit area veterans and their families during the Christmas season, founded in 2012 by Robert Thomas, Vice President of the St. Clairsville dealership, and his wife, Robin.
The Freedom Tree at Thomas Auto Center is kept up year round. This year, a newly decorated Freedom Tree, symbolizing our valley's commitment to its military veterans, will be placed in the lobby of WesBanco Arena prior to the Nailer's November 3rd face-off against the Cyclones. The program will be known as The Thomas Auto Centers-Wheeling Nailers Freedom Tree.
Area residents are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items, coats, new shoes, gift cards and grocery store cards by placing them under the trees at either Thomas Auto Centers or WesBanco Arena.
Ohio Valley residents can call Thomas Auto Centers (740) 694-0452, Robert Thomas (740) 391-9090 or Robin Thomas (740) 391-0377 to nominate veterans and their families for this poignant program.
Thomas Auto Centers and the Wheeling Nailers will work in conjunction with Bellaire VFW and the St. Clairsville American Legion to distribute goods collected.
"I can't thank the Wheeling Nailers enough for joining this promotion which is near and dear to my heart." Thomas says. "Just to see the faces of the families on delivery day is enough to bring tears to your eyes. I am certainly hopeful with the addition of the Nailers more families throughout the Ohio Valley will benefit from the Freedom Tree Promotion."
Nailer Head Coach Jeff Christian says his team is 100% behind the Freedom Tree. "It's an honor to serve those families who sacrifice so much for us," he said. "We want them and the Thomas family to know that we've got their backs."
Copyright © 2017 Wheeling Nailers Hockey, All rights reserved.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 17, 2017
- Nailers, Thomas Auto Centers Team up for Veterans - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Sign Alex Foster - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Land Rookie Defenseman Raskob - Quad City Mallards
- Take a Vegas Vacation on the Mallards and Quad City International Airport - Quad City Mallards
- Garrett Meurs Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Wheeling's Meurs Named Sher-Wood Hockey Player of the Week - ECHL
- Monarchs Edge Beast in School Day Thriller - Brampton Beast
- Allard Recalled to Milwaukee - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs School Beast on Education Day - Manchester Monarchs
- Solar Bears Weekly Report - Orlando Solar Bears
- Michael Houser Named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Houser Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Three-Goal First Helps Admirals Sail Past Grizzlies - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.