Mudbugs Freeze Tarantulas
After a snowfall that sent most of Topeka indoors, a few devoted fans made their way to Landon Arena to see the Tarantulas take on the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs in a 3-1 loss.
The first seven minutes of the game, I really thought we were pretty good, then we quit hitting, said Tarantulas Head Coach Joe Coombs. After that, we played good enough to lose 3-1.
Mudbugs forward Craig Soke scored 2:18 into the first period to put the Mudbugs up, and Forbes MacPherson netted another at 7:47 in the second to double the Bossier lead.
Spider forward Mike Lukajic capitalized on the first Topeka power play in the game for his 24th goal of the year and fifth with the extra man, cutting the lead back to one goal at 8:28 in the second.
MacPherson would put the Bugs back up by two with a tally at 14:38 in the second to finish out the nights scoring. Bossier goalie Ken Carroll made 23 saves on 24 Topeka shots, while the Tarantulas David St. Germain stopped 32 of 35 attempts by the Mudbugs.
David St. Germain was fantastic again tonight, said Coombs.
The Tarantulas will head to the road for a seven-game road trip, starting Saturday with a game against Wichita at 7:30 p.m. in Kansas Coliseum.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2005
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Ice Bats Put Road Record to Test - Austin Ice Bats
- Weiman named January Goaltender of the Month - Colorado Eagles
- Bucks Raise Almost $7000 For Fallen Soldier - Laredo Bucks
- Sher-Wood CHL Player& Goaltender of the Month Announced - CHL
- Olive Branch children, teacher get first-hand hockey experience - Mississippi RiverKings
- Blaznek named CHL Player of the Month - Wichita Thunder
- Rayz begin 13th straight week in first place - Corpus Christi IceRays
- RiverKings news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers drill Brahmas, 7-4 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mudbugs Freeze Tarantulas - Topeka Tarantulas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.