Motor City Cruise Claim Cheick Diallo off Waivers
DETROIT - The Motor City Cruise announced today that they have claimed forward-center Cheick Diallo off waivers. To make room for Diallo, the Cruise also announced that they have released Norense Odiase.
Diallo, 6-8, 219, was selected 33rd overall in the 2016 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Clippers. Since that time, Diallo has played three seasons in New Orleans and one season in Phoenix. Diallo has appeared in 180 NBA games and complied averages of 5.3 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 0.4 assists, and 12.0 minutes per game. Diallo scored a career-high 22 points against Denver on November 24, 2019. In a game at Indiana on February 22, 2019, Diallo grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds.
Diallo appeared in 26 games as a rookie in the G League with Raptors 905, Austin Spurs, Long Island Nets, and Greensboro Swarm. During that stretch, Diallo averaged 15.0 points, 8.5 rebounds, 0.7 assists and 27.8 minutes per game.
As a collegian, Diallo spent one season at the University of Kansas where he appeared in 27 games and averaged 3.0 points, 2.5 rebounds, 0.9 blocks, and 7.5 minutes per game. Diallo is a native of Kayes, Mali, and arrived in the United States in 2012 when he was 15 years old.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 8, 2021
- Iowa Rallies in Double Overtime over Sioux Falls - Iowa Wolves
- Late Dagger Sinks Charge - Cleveland Charge
- Greensboro Swarm Announce Game Change - Greensboro Swarm
- Motor City Cruise Claim Cheick Diallo off Waivers - Motor City Cruise
- Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente Partner to Promote Health and Wellness - Stockton Kings
- Lakeland Magic Announce Share the Magic Ticket Program in Partnership with Amway - Lakeland Magic
- Knicks Drop Season Opener to Go-Go - Westchester Knicks
- Timberwolves Transfer Nathan Knight from the G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs to Become Los Raros de Austin for Three Games this Season - Austin Spurs
- Windy City Earns First Victory of Season, Knocks off Mad Ants - Windy City Bulls
- Go-Go Use Big Fourth Quarter to Top Knicks and Earn Weekend Sweep - Capital City Go-Go
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Motor City Cruise Stories
- Game-Changing Factors That Define the Motor City Cruise's Inaugural Season Playoff Push
- Cruise Clinch First-Round Bye in NBA G League Playoffs
- Motor City Cruise Clinch NBA G League Playoff Spot
- Cruise for a Cure, Motor City to Debut Pink Uniform for Breast Health Awareness
- The G-League Ignite Brings Elite Talent - Which Includes Detroit Native Jaden Hardy - into Game against Motor City Cruise