Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente Partner to Promote Health and Wellness
STOCKTON, Calif. - Today, the Stockton Kings, the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, announced their continued partnership with Kaiser Permanente, ahead of the team's home opener on November 14, to encourage and advance health and wellness among the Stockton community.
"We are thrilled to continue to partner with Kaiser Permanente to make a positive impact in the region," said Stockton Kings Vice President of Business Operations Aaron Morales. "Together, we share a mission to educate members of our community, particularly our youth, about the importance of healthy eating and having an active lifestyle."
"The continued partnership between Kaiser Permanente and the Stockton Kings represents the shared dedication and commitment of our organizations to work together in creating opportunities for improving the health of our communities and making positive and lasting impacts in our own backyard," said Kaiser Permanente Central Valley Interim Senior Vice President and Area Manager Darryl Curry. "I am especially proud of our collective work to address food insecurity, promote healthy eating and encourage active lifestyles among our youth. We look forward to continued collaboration in our ongoing efforts to encourage healthy habits here in Stockton and throughout the Central Valley."
As part of the partnership, the Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente will raise awareness and highlight the work and mission of Second Harvest of the Greater Valley, whose name and logo will appear on the back side of the team's jerseys on select theme nights. The team will also shine a light on Second Harvest in-game and on their social channels.
"Second Harvest of the Greater Valley would like to thank the Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente for their commitment to delivering hope in their community," said Second Harvest of the Greater Valley Development Director Jessica Vaughan. "Food is the foundation for success and partners like these allow us to feed children, seniors and families daily."
In January, the partnership will reintroduce the Fit Kids Program by working with local schools to encourage health and wellness among Stockton-area youth. Later in the season, the two organizations will activate and expand the Kings Closet which provides students essential necessities including clothing and hygiene products.
Kaiser Permanente, the country's largest integrated non-profit health care system and a leader in total health, will be the presenting sponsor of the Stockton Kings 2021-22 season as well as the trusted team physicians and healthcare provider, jersey partner and mascot sponsor.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 8, 2021
- Iowa Rallies in Double Overtime over Sioux Falls - Iowa Wolves
- Late Dagger Sinks Charge - Cleveland Charge
- Greensboro Swarm Announce Game Change - Greensboro Swarm
- Motor City Cruise Claim Cheick Diallo off Waivers - Motor City Cruise
- Stockton Kings and Kaiser Permanente Partner to Promote Health and Wellness - Stockton Kings
- Lakeland Magic Announce Share the Magic Ticket Program in Partnership with Amway - Lakeland Magic
- Knicks Drop Season Opener to Go-Go - Westchester Knicks
- Timberwolves Transfer Nathan Knight from the G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs to Become Los Raros de Austin for Three Games this Season - Austin Spurs
- Windy City Earns First Victory of Season, Knocks off Mad Ants - Windy City Bulls
- Go-Go Use Big Fourth Quarter to Top Knicks and Earn Weekend Sweep - Capital City Go-Go
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings Defeat Sioux Falls Skyforce in First of Two-Game Series
- Clippers Coast to 106-91 Victory over the Stockton Kings
- Oklahoma City Blue Use Strong Second Half to Defeat Stockton Kings
- Stockton Kings Blow Past Birmingham Squadron in Final Game of Series
- Stockton Kings Defeat Birmingham Squadron in First G League Regular Season Game