Morgan Traded to Flint, Kutkevicius Waived
(Windsor, ON) - General Manager Warren Rychel has dealt forward Cody Morgan to the Flint Firebirds in exchange for a pair of draft picks.
In the deal, the Spitfires get Flint's second-round pick in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection and their fourth-round pick in 2021.
Morgan, 17, was acquired from Kingston exactly one year ago in the deal that sent Gabe Vilardi and Sean Day to the Frontenacs.
"We wish Cody all the best with the Firebirds," Rychel said. "He's a great kid with a lot of hockey ahead of him. He'll get the chance to play a bigger role in Flint as he continues to develop his game."
In 65 regular season games with the Spitfires, the former first-round pick (#12 overall) in 2017 had eight goals, 15 assists and 13 penalty minutes.
KUTKEVICIUS PLACED ON WAIVERS
Overage forward Luke Kutkevicius has been placed on CHL waivers.
The 20-year-old played 70 games with the Spitfires over parts of two seasons, scoring 19 times and adding 19 assists with 10 penalty minutes.
Images from this story
Former Windsor Spitfires forward Cody Morgan
(Terry Wilson / OHL Images)
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 1, 2019
- Petes Fall to Rangers in First Game of 2019 - Peterborough Petes
- Steelheads Complete Trade with Firebirds - Mississauga Steelheads
- Morgan Traded to Flint, Kutkevicius Waived - Windsor Spitfires
- Firebirds Acquire Morgan in Trade with Windsor - Flint Firebirds
- Gens Open 2019 with 5-2 Win - Oshawa Generals
- Rangers Win-Streak Extended to 3 Games in Win over Petes - Kitchener Rangers
- Firebirds Host Saginaw for Coors Light I-75 Divide Cup Game Wednesday - Flint Firebirds
- Game Preview: Gens Ring in the New Year at Home this Afternoon against Frontenacs at 2:05pm - Oshawa Generals
- IceDogs Games this Week - January 1st - 7th - Niagara IceDogs
- New Year, New Slate of Games for Week 16 - Owen Sound Attack
- Knights Close out 2018 with a Win - London Knights
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.