Mooseheads Select Two Forwards in First Round of QMJHL Entry Draft
Halifax, N.S. - The Halifax Mooseheads selected a pair of forwards with their first two selections in Friday's first round of the 2020 QMJHL Entry Draft. General Manager Cam Russell used the 14th overall pick on center Markus Vidicek and later picked right wing Jordan Dumais 18th overall.
Vidicek - 2004-03-21 - played 39 games with the Lac Saint-Louis Lions of the QMAAA where he scored 33 points (15 goals, 18 assists). He is a native of Laval, QC and possesses a left-handed shot. Vidicek stands 5-foot-8 and weighs 142 pounds. Dumais - 2004-04-15 - played 52 games with South Kent Selects Hockey Academy in Connecticut where he scored 125 points (47 goals, 78 assists). He is a native of Montreal, QC and possesses a right-handed shot. Dumais stands 5-foot-9 and weighs 160 pounds.
The QMJHL Entry Draft continues at 10am ADT on Saturday with rounds two-14. The Mooseheads currently own back-to-back picks in the second round with the 27th and 28th overall selections. The team also has three picks in the fourth round and one each in rounds five, eight, nine, 11, 12, 13 and 14.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from June 6, 2020
- Eagles Make 17 Selections, Acquire Defenseman at 2020 QMJHL Draft - Cape Breton Eagles
- 14 Players Selected by Islanders in 2020 QMJHL Draft - Charlottetown Islanders
- Islanders Acquire All-Star Netminder Colten Ellis - Charlottetown Islanders
- Sea Dogs Add Size and Speed with Two First Round Selections - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Luneau Is First Overall Pick of 2020 Draft Class - QMJHL
- Mooseheads Select Two Forwards in First Round of QMJHL Entry Draft - Halifax Mooseheads
- Eagles Choose Goaltender Nicolas Ruccia in QMJHL Draft - Cape Breton Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.