Moose Quiet in 4-0 Loss at Bakersfield
The Manitoba Moose (10-11-1-0) played their second game in as many nights, falling 4-0 to the Bakersfield Condors (10-8-0-0). The Condors jumped out of the gate, scoring 4:52 into the contest with Cooper Marody finding the back of the net. The hosts added to their advantage with 4:54 to go in the period as Patrick Russell finished off an odd-man rush. Goaltender Mikhail Berdin turned aside 12 shots in the period as the Moose went to the break trailing 2-0.
The Moose were able to put together some offensive chances in the second, but couldn't crack the scoreboard. The best opportunity came off a lob-pass from Logan Stanley that sent Michael Spacek and Emile Poirier in on a two-on-oh break. Spacek moved the puck to Poirier, but he was unable to get it by Shane Starrett who came across to make a pad save. At the other end of the ice, Berdin stopped all 15 shots he faced as the deficit remained two goals heading to the third.
Bakersfield added to its lead just 54 seconds into the final stanza with Logan Day picking a corner for a power play goal. Spacek created another offensive spark in the third, but was stopped by Starrett on one chance and the post on another. The Moose called Berdin to the bench for the extra attacker with three minutes left on the clock, but Joe Gambardella iced the game into the empty net for the 4-0 final.
Defenceman Jack Glover made his AHL debut.
Mikhail Berdin has faced 30 or more shots in all four of his AHL starts.
Manitoba had killed off 30 straight penalties before Bakersfield's third period goal. What's Next?
The Moose and Condors clash again Wednesday in an 8:30 p.m. CT puck drop. Tune in to the action on TSN 1290, moosehockey.com/listenlive, Moose App beginning at 8:15 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Lankinen, Sikura Propel Rockford Past Ramage - Rockford IceHogs
- Reign Win in OT - Ontario Reign
- Tucson's Resolve Topped Late in 5-4 Overtime Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bears Win Big on Record Setting Teddy Bear Toss Night - Hershey Bears
- Sikura, IceHogs Top Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Halted in Hershey, 6-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Stars Outshine Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula scores twice and Ho-Sang nets the overtime-winner in Bridgeport's victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hershey Bears Break Teddy Bear Toss World Record - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Stun P-Bruins in OT 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Poturalski OT Winner Caps Comeback Win over Bruins - Charlotte Checkers
- Second Period Comeback Secures Point for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Face Phantoms in Sunday Matinee - Toronto Marlies
- Rangers Recall Matt Beleskey from Hartford, Assign Tim Gettinger - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Eddie Pasquale, Reassign Connor Ingram to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game #19 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Preview: Devils at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Starrett Stonewalls Moose in 4-0 Shutout - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Quiet in 4-0 Loss at Bakersfield - Manitoba Moose
- Barracuda Use Big First to Top Heat, 6-4 - San Jose Barracuda
- Rockford Offense Sputters as Ads Blank Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.