Rangers Recall Matt Beleskey from Hartford, Assign Tim Gettinger
NEW YORK - New York Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton announced today that the team has recalled forward Matt Beleskey from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, the Blueshirts have assigned forward Tim Gettinger to the Wolf Pack.
Beleskey has skated in 14 games with the Wolf Pack this season, registering three goals and six assists for nine points, along with a plus-three rating and nine penalty minutes. He established single-game AHL career-highs with three assists and a plus-three rating, and tied an AHL single-game career-high with three points in the Wolf Pack's 5-3 win against Charlotte last night in Hartford. In addition, Beleskey has recorded six points (two goals, four assists) over the last four games and eight points (two goals, six assists) in the last seven contests.
The 6-0, 207-pounder has skated in 473 career NHL games over parts of 10 seasons (2008-09 - 2017-18) with Anaheim, Boston, and the Rangers, registering 75 goals and 82 assists for 157 points, along with 435 penalty minutes. Beleskey established a career-high in goals with Anaheim in 2014-15 (22), and he registered eight goals (including three game-winning goals) in 16 contests during the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs while helping the Ducks advance to the Western Conference Final. He has skated in one game with the Rangers, and he was credited with seven hits while making his debut with the Blueshirts on Apr. 7, 2018 at Philadelphia.
The Windsor, Ontario native was acquired by the Rangers as part of a trade with Boston on Feb. 25, 2018. Beleskey was originally selected by Anaheim in the fourth round, 112th overall, of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
Gettinger has skated in four games with the Rangers this season, and he has registered 15 hits in the four contests. He made his NHL debut on Nov. 24 vs. Washington. He skated in 20 games with the Wolf Pack in 2018-19 before he was initially recalled by the Rangers on Nov. 23, and he recorded 11 points (seven goals, four assists) in those 20 games. At the time he was initially recalled by the Blueshirts, Gettinger was tied for first among AHL rookies in goals this season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 2, 2018
- Lankinen, Sikura Propel Rockford Past Ramage - Rockford IceHogs
- Reign Win in OT - Ontario Reign
- Tucson's Resolve Topped Late in 5-4 Overtime Loss - Tucson Roadrunners
- Bears Win Big on Record Setting Teddy Bear Toss Night - Hershey Bears
- Sikura, IceHogs Top Rampage in Overtime - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Halted in Hershey, 6-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Stars Outshine Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Koivula scores twice and Ho-Sang nets the overtime-winner in Bridgeport's victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Hershey Bears Break Teddy Bear Toss World Record - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Stun P-Bruins in OT 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Poturalski OT Winner Caps Comeback Win over Bruins - Charlotte Checkers
- Second Period Comeback Secures Point for T-Birds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Marlies Face Phantoms in Sunday Matinee - Toronto Marlies
- Rangers Recall Matt Beleskey from Hartford, Assign Tim Gettinger - Hartford Wolf Pack
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Eddie Pasquale, Reassign Connor Ingram to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Game #19 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- Game Preview: Devils at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Starrett Stonewalls Moose in 4-0 Shutout - Bakersfield Condors
- Moose Quiet in 4-0 Loss at Bakersfield - Manitoba Moose
- Barracuda Use Big First to Top Heat, 6-4 - San Jose Barracuda
- Rockford Offense Sputters as Ads Blank Hogs - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 18-24
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Edges Wolf Pack in OT
- Late Bridgeport Goal Sinks Pack in OT
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Matt Finn to PTO
- Connor Brickley Recalled by NY Rangers, Drew Melanson Summoned from Maine and Derek Pratt signed to PTO