Monarchs Start Second Half with 2-1 Win over Mariners
PORTLAND, M.E. - The Manchester Monarchs won their first game after the All-Star break with a 2-1 win over the Maine Mariners, Friday night at the Cross Insurance Arena.
The Monarchs (20-18-1-1) topped the Mariners (20-18-0-1), 2-1, and won their first game at Cross Insurance Arena this season.
Manchester started the scoring at 9:17 of the first period on the fourth goal of the season by Jack Nevins. Cory Ward carried the puck along the left wing and centered a pass to Nevins in the left circle, where he flipped a shot, over the shoulder of Mariners goaltender, Brandon Halverson, making the score, 1-0.
Maine responded at 12:25 of the first period when Greg Chase scored his seventh goal of the season. Drew Melanson sent a pass to Chase at the bottom of the left circle, where he wristed a shot over the blocker of Monarchs goaltender, Charles Williams, to make the score, 1-1.
Manchester regained their lead and didn't look back, at 17:27 of the first period on the 18th goal of the season by Nic Pierog. Sam Kurker crashed the net and left the puck at the side of the post, where both Pierog and Rymsha had chances to push it past Halverson, before it finally crossed the goal line, making it 2-1, Monarchs.
The Monarchs return to action Saturday, January 26th at 6 p.m., when they take on the Maine Mariners at SNHU Arena. For tickets, Season Memberships and group tickets, please contact the Monarchs front office at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 25, 2019
- Tomkins Tallies First Pro Shutout as Fuel Blank Komets - Indy Fuel
- 'Blades Ice Jacksonville''s Offense in 3-0 Win - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Taken Down by Utah, 5-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Spoil Oilers Homecoming - Tulsa Oilers
- Swamp Rabbits' Offensive Woes Continue - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Railers Kick-Off Second Half of Season with Gritty 4-2 Road Win in Adirondack - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Comeback Falls Short in Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Kattelus Scores in Last Minute of OT, K-Wings Top Rush 3-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Reichenbach's 46 Saves Guide Admirals to 3-0 Win at Greenville - Norfolk Admirals
- Thunder Comeback Falls Short in Loss to Worcester - Adirondack Thunder
- Mariners Scoring Slump Continues in 2-1 Loss to Monarchs - Maine Mariners
- Beast Outslug Nailers, 6-5 - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Start Second Half with 2-1 Win over Mariners - Manchester Monarchs
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, January 25 - Wheeling Nailers
- Thunder Announces Several Roster Moves - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - January 25 - ECHL
- D Steve Johnson Rejoins Reading - Reading Royals
- Royals February Promo Schedule Set - Reading Royals
- Preview: 'Blades Start Stretch of Three Straight with IceMen on Friday - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Add Brandon Rumble to Blue Line - Indy Fuel
- Alberga Returns to Admirals from AHL Tucson - Norfolk Admirals
- Davis and Dickinson Return to Grizzlies Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Gladiators Announce Details for Hockey's First PJ Toss - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day: Wings and Rush Meet for Second Time Ever on Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Growlers Snap Five-Game Losing Streak with 5-1 Win over Monarchs
- Manchester Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $7,500 to Elliot Hospital
- Monarchs Rack up Seven Goals on Railers in 7-4 Win
- Railers Gain Two Points on the Monarchs in 5-2 Victory
- Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $5,000 to CMC Breast Care Center