Monarchs Sign Mastalerz to ATO
MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have signed goalie Steve Mastalerz to an Amateur Try Out agreement (ATO). He will be available for Thursday's game against Portland, wearing number 1.
Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough made the announcement.
Mastalerz, 22, played four seasons at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst from 2011-15. He accumulated a 3.12 GAA and a 0.899 save percentage through 77 appearances. A native of North Andover, MA, Mastalerz appeared in 19 games this season for the Minutemen, recording a 3.69 GAA and a 0.894 save percentage. He made a program-record 75 saves on Mar. 6 in the longest game in NCAA history (5 overtimes).
The Monarchs open the Calder Cup Playoffs against Portland at home on Thursday at 7 p.m. Game 2 will be on Saturday at 7 p.m., also at the Verizon Wireless Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 21, 2015
- Admirals and Skalde Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Norfolk Admirals
- Wolves Add Seven Ahead of Game 1 - Chicago Wolves
- ESPN Radio Block Party on the Plaza Before Game 3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Injury Update on Andrighetto, Dumont, Tinordi - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Minnesota Recalls 11 Players from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Monarchs Sign Mastalerz to ATO - Manchester Monarchs
- Canucks Recall Sven Baertschi from Comets - Utica Comets
- Six Things You Need to Know - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.