Monarchs Release Case
MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, have released defenseman Matt Case from his professional tryout agreement, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced today.
Case, 27, appeared in five games with the Monarchs recording zero points and four penalty minutes. Case has collected six goals and 29 assists for 35 points and 31 penalty minutes for the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads this season. The six-foot, 200-pound defenseman is second amongst ECHL blueliners with 29 assists and leads all ECHL skaters in plus/minus with a plus-31. Case has appeared in 171 ECHL games registering 12 goals 45 assists for 57 points and 155 penalty minutes for the Gwinnett Gladiators and Steelheads. Case has appeared in 16 career AHL games recording an assist and 10 penalty minutes with the Norfolk Admirals, Texas Stars and the Monarchs. The Plymouth, Minnesota native played four years for NCAA's Ferris State University Bulldogs recording 10 goals and 37 assists for 47 points and 139 penalty minutes in 144 games from 2006-2010.
The Monarchs are back in action when they host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at the Verizon Wireless Arena on Friday, March 15 at 7:00 p.m. Catch all the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGIR 610 AM, WGIR.com and at www.manchestermonarchs.com, presented by Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 14, 2013
- Aeros Hand Heat 4-1 Loss in Houston - Abbotsford Heat
- Aeros Power Past Heat 4-1 - Houston Aeros
- Drazenovic Assigned To Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Griffins Host Monsters for '90s Night Next Friday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Dallas Reassigns Goalie Tyler Beskorowany to Texas - Texas Stars
- Griffins Hockey on WOOD Radio Captures Sixth Broadcast Excellence Award - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Amerks Hosting Irish Night Presented by Molson on Friday, March 15 - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Trade Combs to Rampage - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rampage Acquire Jack Combs from Bridgeport - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Sign Defenseman Michael Sdao to ATO - Binghamton Senators
- Capitals Acquire Nicolas Deschamps from Toronto - Hershey Bears
- Lightning Recall Forward Tyler Johnson from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Assign Johnson to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Brisebois Named as Finalist for QMJHL's Best Defenseman Award - Portland Pirates
- Senators Reassign Forward Mark Stone to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- IceCaps Sign Goalie Greenham to PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- Andrew Murray Assigned to Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Minnesota Acquires Conditional Seventh-Round Pick in 2014 NHL Entry Draft for Genoway - Houston Aeros
- Portland Pirates Reassign Mark Visentin to Gwinnett - Portland Pirates
- Monarchs Release Case - Manchester Monarchs
- Blackhawks Loan Olesz to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Pinizzotto Gets the Call from Vancouver - Chicago Wolves
- Capitals Acquire Defenseman Chay Genoway - Hershey Bears
- Falcons Sign Larkin to ATO - Springfield Falcons
- Canadiens Recall Jarred Tinordi - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Morrison Returns to Providence - Providence Bruins
- Jets Recall Eddie Pasquale from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Rampage Fall in Shootout to Oklahoma City, 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Heat Edged 4-3 by Stars - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.