MNUFC and Allianz Field to Increase to Near Full Capacity Starting June 23
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Minnesota United today announced Allianz Field will be moving towards full capacity - with some exceptions due to specific MLS safety restrictions in certain seating areas - beginning with the Loons' game against Austin FC on June 23. This decision comes as a result of wider distribution of the vaccines and Minnesota's newly announced health guidelines regarding outdoor venues.
"Our fans make our gameday experience the best in MLS and are the heart and soul of our club. We are so excited to welcome even more fans back to Allianz Field as we know how important their support is to our players and coaches," said MNUFC CEO Chris Wright. "Sports are meant to bring communities together. We also know that even though Minnesota is a national leader in vaccinations that not everyone is comfortable in a full venue right now. However, we look forward to welcoming everyone back when they are ready. We are also grateful for the work our state leaders and local health officials have done to get our state back to some level of normalcy. We cannot wait to hear a packed Allianz Field sing 'Wonderwall' again."
Tickets will go on sale to the general public in early June. Season ticket members whose seats will be impacted by safety restrictions will be contacted directly. Members will receive their 2021 season ticket seating location for all remaining home games, unless they opt out. More details about this process will be shared next week. Presales for remaining tickets will begin in early June.
Minnesota United will maintain health and safety protocols currently in place including required face-coverings for all fans and staff. MNUFC will continue to work with local health officials and Major League Soccer to keep Allianz Field a safe environment for fans.
To get access to presales for the 2021 season, join The Preserve - the official Allianz Field Waiting List - or sign up for Minnesota United newsletters. More information on both can be found at mnufc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 14, 2021
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Look to Extend Unbeaten Run on Saturday - Houston Dynamo FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- McCarthy: "You Got to Look ForwardÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- By the Numbers: Business in the Capital - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Loan Andre Reynolds II to Memphis 901 FC - Chicago Fire FC
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Home Match against New York City FC - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announces Updated Capacity and Safety Guidelines - Philadelphia Union
- Austin FC Announce USL Loans for Defender Freddy Kleemann and Goalkeeper Brady Scott - Austin FC
- New England Revolution Game Notes: May 14, 2021 - New England Revolution
- Sporting to Host Vancouver on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. CF Montreal - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Majority of Fans in Vaccinated-Only Zones at Banc of California Stadium on May 22 & May 29 - Los Angeles FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hits the Road to Take on Real Salt Lake - Nashville SC
- Rapids Looking for Third Straight Win on Saturday vs. Houston - Colorado Rapids
- New York Hits the Road for Two Matches, Beginning with Philly - New York Red Bulls
- Storylines: City vs. D.C. United - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Faces 2020 Expansion Side Nashville SC for First Time in Club History - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC and Allianz Field to Increase to Near Full Capacity Starting June 23 - Minnesota United FC
- #MINvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Chicago Fire FC at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota United FC Stories
- MNUFC Announces Donations to Local Organizations
- Loons Earn a Point on the Road in Dallas
- Minnesota United FC at FC Dallas Preview
- Minnesota United Sign Midfielder Hassani Dotson to New Contract
- Updated Start Time for Minnesota United's August 28 Game at Houston Dynamo Announced