D.C. United Win 1-0 against Chicago Fire FC at Audi Field
D.C. United (2-3-0, 6 pts.) 1 vs. 0 Chicago Fire FC (0-2-3, 3 pts.)
2021 MLS Regular Season
May 13, 2021 - Audi Field - Washington, DC
Edison Flores scored his first career goal for the Black-and-Red in the 7th minute.
Moses Nyeman recorded his second career assist in the 7th minute.
Adrien Perez recorded his first assist for the Black-and-Red in the 7th minute; it was his first career MLS assist.
New signing Drew Skundrich made his Black-and-Red debut as a starter; he completed 75 minutes.
Jon Kempin made his Black-and-Red debut; his first appearance since June 29, 2019 for Columbus Crew SC.
Jon Kempin recorded his first clean sheet for the Black-and-Red; he made three saves in the match.
Moses Nyeman made his third consecutive start for the Black-and-Red; he completed 90 minutes.
Adrien Perez made his second consecutive start for the Black-and-Red; the first time he has started consecutive matches in his MLS career.
Paul Arriola made his first appearance since Nov. 8, 2020 for the Black-and-Red as a 75th minute substitute.
Kevin Paredes made the matchday roster for the first time since Nov. 1, 2020 against New England.
Julian Gressel, Tony Alfaro, Edison Flores, Júnior Moreno, and Frédéric Brillant made their fifth consecutive starts.
Andy Najar started his second consecutive MLS matches for the first time since Oct. 20 and Oct. 27, 2012.
The Black-and-Red are 24-21-18 against Chicago Fire FC all-time.
D.C. United are 17-9-6 against Chicago at home all-time.
The Black-and-Red are 2-0-0 at Audi Field in 2021.
D.C. United are 2-3-0 in the 2021 MLS Regular Season.
The Black-and-Red recorded their first defensive clean sheet of the season.
D.C. United lineup: Jon Kempin, Andy Najar, Tony Alfaro, Frédéric Brillant, Brendan Hines-Ike, Julian Gressel (Paul Arriola 75'), Júnior Moreno, Moses Nyeman, Edison Flores (Ola Kamara 89'), Adrien Perez (Yamil Asad 87') , Drew Skundrich (Felipe Martins 75')
Unused Substitutes: Chris Seitz, Kevin Paredes, Kimarni Smith
Manager: Hernán Losada
Chicago Fire FC Lineup: Bobby Shuttleworth, Boris Sekulic, Francisco Calvo, Miguel Navarro (Jonathan Bornstein 81'), Wyatt Omsberg (Fabian Herbers 60'), Mauricio Pineda, Alvaro Medran, Przemyslaw Frankowski, Gaston Giminez (Javier Casas HT), Brian Gutierrez (Elliot Collier 60') , Robert Beric (Nnamdi Chinonso Offor 78')
Unused Substitutes: Nicholas Slonina, Jhon Espinoza, Luka Stojanovic, Johan Kappelhof
Manager: Raphaël Wicky
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 14, 2021
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Look to Extend Unbeaten Run on Saturday - Houston Dynamo FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- McCarthy: "You Got to Look ForwardÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- By the Numbers: Business in the Capital - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire FC Loan Andre Reynolds II to Memphis 901 FC - Chicago Fire FC
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Home Match against New York City FC - Los Angeles FC
- Philadelphia Union Announces Updated Capacity and Safety Guidelines - Philadelphia Union
- Austin FC Announce USL Loans for Defender Freddy Kleemann and Goalkeeper Brady Scott - Austin FC
- New England Revolution Game Notes: May 14, 2021 - New England Revolution
- Sporting to Host Vancouver on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. CF Montreal - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC to Host Majority of Fans in Vaccinated-Only Zones at Banc of California Stadium on May 22 & May 29 - Los Angeles FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hits the Road to Take on Real Salt Lake - Nashville SC
- Rapids Looking for Third Straight Win on Saturday vs. Houston - Colorado Rapids
- New York Hits the Road for Two Matches, Beginning with Philly - New York Red Bulls
- Storylines: City vs. D.C. United - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Faces 2020 Expansion Side Nashville SC for First Time in Club History - Real Salt Lake
- MNUFC and Allianz Field to Increase to Near Full Capacity Starting June 23 - Minnesota United FC
- #MINvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Chicago Fire FC at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Inter Miami CF at Audi Field
- D.C. United to Play CF Montreal at DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale on June 23
- Mark Ingram II Joins D.C. United Ownership Group
- D.C. United Win 3-0 against Inter Miami CF on the Road
- D.C. United Midfielder Edison Flores Sustains Hamstring Injury