Mitchell White Returns to Montreal
Montreal, February 14, 2018 - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Wednesday that the club has signed international defensive back Mitchell White to a two-year deal.
White (5'11'', 190 lbs.) returns to Montreal after helping the Toronto Argonauts win the 105th Grey Cup last fall. The 27-year-old joined the team in September, after taking part in the Philadelphia Eagles training camp, making 11 defensive tackles and three interceptions in only six games.
The former Michigan State Spartan won his second Grey Cup in as many years, as he was a member of the Ottawa REDBLACKS in 2016. In 14 games in the National Capital, he had a career-high 38 defensive tackles, while pilfering four passes. In Montreal, the Seattle, WA native played in 28 games in 2014 and 2015, collecting 59 defensive tackles and one interception.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 14, 2018
- Otha Foster Added to Lions Secondary - B.C. Lions
- Westerman Brothers Reunited in Montreal - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Make Transactions - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Sign Offensive Lineman Travis Bond; Release Muamba - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Rico Murray - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Argos Land Two-Time CFL All-Star TJ Heath - Toronto Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Sign Receiver Mitchell Baines - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Quarterback Drew Willy Remains An Alouette - Montreal Alouettes
- National Running Back Jerome Messam Signs with the Riders - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Mitchell White Returns to Montreal - Montreal Alouettes
- BC Lions Land Free Agent Receiver Cory Watson - B.C. Lions
- Solomon Elimimian Signs Contract Extension with Leos Through 2019 - B.C. Lions
- Argos Bring Waters Back to Toronto - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Sign National Linebacker Sam Hurl - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Julian Feoli-Gudino, Re-Sign Tanner Doll - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes Add Tyler Johnstone to Roster
- Montreal Alouettes in Quebec City for the Family Clinic
- Club 52 Returns in 2018: Nicolas Boulay Continues to Pay It Forward
- Boris Bede Named CFL Payer of the Week
- Alouettes Select Offensive Tackle Tyler Johnstone at the Supplemental CFL Draft