BC Lions Land Free Agent Receiver Cory Watson
(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club today announced that national free agent receiver Cory Watson has signed a 2018 contract with the team.
Watson (6'3", 211) enters his ninth CFL season having spent the past three years in Edmonton preceded by six productive seasons in Winnipeg. Seeing action in 115 regular season games, he's tallied 290 career receptions for 3,331 yards and 13 touchdowns.
"In addition to adding a lot of experience to the offence, Cory's leadership and physical style of play is something we're going to benefit from this season," said GM Ed Hervey. "He's a versatile and consistent receiver who comes to work every day and can fill a number of roles offensively and on special teams."
The Quebec native attended Concordia University and was Winnipeg's second-round selection (ninth overall) in the 2010 CFL Draft. He was the 'Bombers nominee as Most Outstanding Canadian in 2011, recording a team-high 69 catches for 793 yards. Among his accomplishments is two appearances in the Grey Cup, winning a ring in 2015 with Edmonton.
BC Lions season memberships for 2018 are available now. Season memberships for kids 12 and under start at just $85 all-in. New and renewing season members save as much as 29% on single game tickets while also receiving numerous membership benefits.
Images from this story
Receiver Cory Watson with the Edmonton Eskimos
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 14, 2018
- Otha Foster Added to Lions Secondary - B.C. Lions
- Westerman Brothers Reunited in Montreal - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Make Transactions - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Sign Offensive Lineman Travis Bond; Release Muamba - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Rico Murray - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Argos Land Two-Time CFL All-Star TJ Heath - Toronto Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Sign Receiver Mitchell Baines - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Quarterback Drew Willy Remains An Alouette - Montreal Alouettes
- National Running Back Jerome Messam Signs with the Riders - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Mitchell White Returns to Montreal - Montreal Alouettes
- BC Lions Land Free Agent Receiver Cory Watson - B.C. Lions
- Solomon Elimimian Signs Contract Extension with Leos Through 2019 - B.C. Lions
- Argos Bring Waters Back to Toronto - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Sign National Linebacker Sam Hurl - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Julian Feoli-Gudino, Re-Sign Tanner Doll - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.