Quarterback Drew Willy Remains An Alouette
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Wednesday that the club has signed international quarterback Drew Willy to a one-year deal.
Willy (6'4'', 214 lbs.) played in 12 games with the Alouettes in 2017, including two starts. He completed 54 of 79 passes for 547 yards and a touchdown, while also rushing for 66 yards and a major score. In 88 career games in the CFL, the former University of Buffalo quarterback completed 781 of his 1,164 passes for 9,086 yards and 40 touchdowns.
He also ran the ball 145 times for 763 yards, adding seven rushing touchdowns to his totals. The 31-year-old Randolph, N.J. native played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers prior to joining the Alouettes early last season.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 14, 2018
- Otha Foster Added to Lions Secondary - B.C. Lions
- Westerman Brothers Reunited in Montreal - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Make Transactions - Edmonton Eskimos
- Riders Sign Offensive Lineman Travis Bond; Release Muamba - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Rico Murray - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Argos Land Two-Time CFL All-Star TJ Heath - Toronto Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Sign Receiver Mitchell Baines - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Quarterback Drew Willy Remains An Alouette - Montreal Alouettes
- National Running Back Jerome Messam Signs with the Riders - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Mitchell White Returns to Montreal - Montreal Alouettes
- BC Lions Land Free Agent Receiver Cory Watson - B.C. Lions
- Solomon Elimimian Signs Contract Extension with Leos Through 2019 - B.C. Lions
- Argos Bring Waters Back to Toronto - Toronto Argonauts
- Riders Sign National Linebacker Sam Hurl - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- RedBlacks Sign Julian Feoli-Gudino, Re-Sign Tanner Doll - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Alouettes Stories
- Alouettes Add Tyler Johnstone to Roster
- Montreal Alouettes in Quebec City for the Family Clinic
- Club 52 Returns in 2018: Nicolas Boulay Continues to Pay It Forward
- Boris Bede Named CFL Payer of the Week
- Alouettes Select Offensive Tackle Tyler Johnstone at the Supplemental CFL Draft