Minnesota United Defender Brent Kallman Suspended and Fined for Violating MLS Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Policy
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Major League Soccer has suspended and fined Minnesota United defender Brent Kallman for violating the MLS Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health (SABH) Policy by testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance.
Pursuant to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Kallman is suspended for 10 MLS games, effective immediately, and has been fined 20 percent of his annual salary.
Kallman will serve his suspension during Minnesota United's four remaining MLS regular season matches, Minnesota United playoff matches this season, and any remaining games will be served during the 2020 MLS regular season.
Per the CBA, during his suspension, Kallman may not participate in team trainings or use team training facilities during the regular season or playoffs, unless rehabilitating an injury under the direction of team training or medical staff. He may not participate in tournaments, friendlies or scrimmages, and he may not attend team events, including team appearances.
Kallman will be allowed to participate in preseason training, including closed-door scrimmages, but may not participate in any other team activities during the preseason.
Kallman will miss the following regular season MLS games in 2019:
September 22: Portland Timbers vs. Minnesota United FC
September 25: Minnesota United FC vs. Sporting Kansas City
September 29: Minnesota United FC vs. LAFC
October 6: Seattle Sounders FC vs. Minnesota United FC
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 19, 2019
- FC Dallas Foundation, Frisco Independent School District and the National Soccer Hall of Fame Launch STEAM FC Powered by NEC - FC Dallas
- MLS Announces Details for 2019 Expansion Draft and Expansion Priority Draft - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF, Nashville SC to Select up to Five Players During 2019 MLS Expansion Draft on November 19 - MLS
- Minnesota United Defender Brent Kallman Suspended and Fined for Violating MLS Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Policy - MLS
- Minnesota United Defender Brent Kallman Suspended and Fined for Violating MLS Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Policy - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City Travels to Face Houston Dynamo on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Sounders FC Secures Point Versus FC Dallas, as Rave Green Approach Final Three Matches of Regular Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers Fall 2-0 to New York Red Bulls at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Earns Crucial Point in Seattle - FC Dallas
- Duncan, Royer Lift New York Past Portland, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
- Atlanta United Defeats FC Cincinnati 2-0 - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.