Miners Get Better of Boulders in Series Opener
The Rockland Boulders (37-42) dropped the opener of their weekend series with the Sussex County Miners (50-29) 3-1. The game was a true pitcher's duel, with Rockland's J.D. Busfield and Sussex County's Tom Burns throwing up zeroes throughout the night.
The Miners grabbed an early 1-0 lead when Trey Hair homered in the first inning, but the Boulders tied it up in the fourth when Blake Grant-Parks launched his ninth homer of the year deep to left field. Sussex County scored two runs in the eighth to reclaim the lead, and Rockland was unable to mount a comeback.
The Boulders will continue their playoff push as they continue their series with the Miners tomorrow night. First pitch for the middle game of the weekend set is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Palisades Credit Union Park.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Westcott Whiffs Eight as Champions Earn Critical 6-3 Win over New Jersey - Ottawa Champions
- Miners Get Better of Boulders in Series Opener - Rockland Boulders
- Seven-Run Fifth Leads Capitales Past Jackals - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.