Milwaukee Wave Brings Win Streak to 4 After Victory over St. Louis Sunday
The Six Time Champion Milwaukee Wave will tack another win onto their impressive record this season (17-3). The Wave didn't need the luck of the Irish for today's matchup, and played a strong game to come out on top over St. Louis 7-4.
BOXSCORE | GAMESHEET | REPLAY
"The way our team has played all season long- we knew we had a great chance to win this game," said Milwaukee Wave Head Coach Guiliano Oliviero. "We want to give St. Louis a lot of credit. They caught us off guard a little bit in the first half, but we adjusted and came out in the second half with a total team effort."
The Ambush took the lead for the first two quarters of the game, going into halftime up 3-1. The Wave came back with intensity, finishing the game with 6 goals in the second half and only letting one more pass from the Ambush.
"We just brought different energy in the second half," said Milwaukee Wave forward Max Ferdinand. "We got back to doing exactly what we've been doing all season. Sometimes you just need these types of close games going into the playoffs so we can be ready. This was a huge win for us."
The Wave was named the South-Central Division Champion, and secured a playoff spot after last week's win against the Orlando SeaWolves.
The Milwaukee Wave will be back at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena on Saturday, March 23^rd to take on the Florida Tropics. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:05pm CDT.
Get tickets and more information by visiting MilwaukeeWave.com .
MKE Wave vs. St. Louis Ambush Highlights. Saturday, March 17th, 2019 - UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
Images from this story
Milwaukee Wave vs. the St. Louis Ambush
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 17, 2019
- Heat Drop Home Match to Blast 8-2 - Harrisburg Heat
- Milwaukee Wave Brings Win Streak to 4 After Victory over St. Louis Sunday - Milwaukee Wave
- Blast Clinch Playoff Spot with 8-2 Victory over Heat - Baltimore Blast
- Diegues Nets Team Record Five as Tropics Roll Past Kansas City Comets, 12-8 - Florida Tropics SC
- Comets Split Two-Game Road Trip - Kansas City Comets
- Ambush Drop One on the Road to Milwaukee - St. Louis Ambush
- MetroStars Earn 9-3 Win over Utica - Mississauga MetroStars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Wave Stories
- Wave Advance to MASL Eastern Conference Final After Defeating Kansas City Comets Saturday Afternoon
- Wave Defeats Rival Comets in Physical Game One of MASL Playoffs
- MASL Playoffs Game 1 - Thursday in KC 7:35pm
- Milwaukee Wave Closes out Regular Season with a Victory
- Wave Close Regular Season against Rival Comets Sunday 1:05pm at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.