Mercury Back Home, Aiming for 11-Straight Wins Saturday against First-Place Connecticut
Coming off a thrilling comeback victory in Atlanta on Wednesday night, the Mercury's 10-game win streak, the second-longest in franchise history, will once again be on the line when the team hosts the WNBA-leading Connecticut Sun this Saturday, September 11, at 7 p.m. at Footprint Center.
Phoenix is an undefeated 10-0 since the Olympic Break and will play its first home game in nearly two weeks against a Connecticut team who has won 11-straight games themselves. Saturday's game will mark just the second time in WNBA history that two teams both with current 10+ win streaks will faceoff with one another.
The Mercury, who currently sit in fourth place in the WNBA standings, are already guaranteed to host their first playoff game in Phoenix this postseason, but can still finish as high as second in the WNBA standings. Should the Mercury finish fifth, the team would host a Round 1, single-elimination game on Thursday, September 23. If the team finishes third or fourth, Phoenix would receive a first round bye and host a Round 2, single-elimination, game on Sunday, September 26. Should the Mercury climb to second, the team would receive a first and second round bye before hosting Game 1 of the WNBA Semifinals on Tuesday, September 28 in a best-of-five series.
Tickets for Saturday's game are going fast, but are still available for purchase by visiting phoenixmercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 10, 2021
- Fever Drop First Regular Season Matchup against Lynx - Indiana Fever
- Fever Look to Regain Momentum on the Road against Minnesota - Indiana Fever
- September 10th - Minnesota Lynx vs Indiana Fever Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
- Postgame Notes: Washington 82, Atlanta 74 - Atlanta Dream
- Mercury Back Home, Aiming for 11-Straight Wins Saturday against First-Place Connecticut - Phoenix Mercury
- Wings Complete Series with Liberty - Dallas Wings
- Aces to Honor Becky Hammon by Raising Her No. 25 to the Rafters, Monday, September 13 - Las Vegas Aces
- Minnesota Lynx Sign Forward Jillian Alleyne - Minnesota Lynx
- Quick Start, Free Throws Propel Sun Past Sparks - Los Angeles Sparks
- Connecticut Sun Secures Double Bye with Win at LA - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Mercury Stories
- Diana Taurasi Voted by Fans as WNBA's Greatest Player of All Time
- Phoenix Suns Center Deandre Ayton Purchases 500 Tickets for Fans for Sunday's WNBA Finals Game 1
- Finals Bound: Mercury Advance to WNBA Finals for Fifth Time in Franchise History
- Kia Nurse Tears ACL, Out for Season
- Kia Nurse Injury Update