Mavericks Weekly: Puck Giveaway Saturday Night
UPCOMING PROMOTIONS AND EVENTS
December 8, Puck Giveaway - The first 2,500 fans to the Mavericks game this Saturday, Dec. 8 will receive a free puck courtesy of Santa Fe Glass.
Bingo Night 12/12/12 - Join the Mavericks and Hope House on Wednesday, December 12 from 6-9pm at the Hilton Garden Inn in Independence. It is the annual Bingo Night with the Mavericks benefitting Hope House. For more information, visit HopeHouse.net.
Three out of four - The Mavericks are winners of three out of their last four games.
PK picking up - The Mavericks penalty kill unit played a big role in the team's 3-1 win last Saturday night in Quad City. Missouri killed all eight of the Mallards' power play chances including multiple five-on-three power plays. Missouri has not allowed a power play goal in the last four games going 15-for-15 in those games.
Three straight on road - Missouri has found more success on the road this season than at home. The Mavericks have won their last three road games and the team is 5-3-2 on the road compared to 2-5-0 at home. The next three games are on the road.
Leading the pack - Mavericks' captain and forward Sebastien Thinel leads the team with 22 points this season on six goals and 16 assists in 17 games played. Thinel has only been held off the scoresheet in four games this season and he has scored safely in eight out of his last last nine games.
Shutouts - In the Mavs only loss in their last four games, the team was shutout by the Quad City Mallards on Friday, Nov. 30. It marked the third time this season in which the Mavericks have been shut out marking a team record for shutouts in a season and the Mavs are just 17 games into the season. Missouri's previous record was two shutouts in a season, and prior to this season, the team had only been shut out four times total in 196 regular season games.
Missouri has a busy week with four games in five days starting on Tuesday in Tulsa. The Mavericks return home on Saturday, December 8 when they host the Quad City Mallards. The first 2,500 fans in the door will receive a free puck courtesy of Santa Fe Glass. Tickets on are sale via Ticketmaster.com, by calling (800) 745-3000 or heading to the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office. Parking is always free at Independence Events Center. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2012
- Shots from the Point for December 3, 2012 - CHL
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Weekly Update - Rapid City Rush
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Weekly: Puck Giveaway Saturday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder to Honor Pearl Harbor Vets this Friday - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Sign Goaltender Austin Lee to Five-Game Tryout - Kansas City Mavericks
- Allen Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Smyth Named CHL's Player of the Week - Denver Cutthroats
- Denver's Brad Smyth Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Bloomington Blaze Weekly - Bloomington Blaze
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspensions - CHL
- Americans to Host Two Radio Shows this Week - Allen Americans
- Oilers Weekly News and Notes - Tulsa Oilers
- Cutthroats Weekly Update - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.