Mavericks Sign Buvinow, Waive Moore
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks have signed defenseman Jeff Buvino and waived defenseman Dean Moore, bringing the Mavs' healthy roster count to seventeen, with Henrik - degaard on personal leave for the Olympics, and both Evan Zych and John-Scott Dickson on injured reserve.
Buvinow, a native to Turnersville, New Jersey, spent four years at Brown University on the ECAC hockey team and went on to play for the Trenton Titans (ECHL), the Tulsa Oilers (CHL), and most recently the Arizona Sundogs (CHL) earlier this season.
The defenseman will make his Mavericks debut this Friday in Wichita wearing number eight.
The Missouri Mavericks have also waived goaltender Bobby Andrews who was signed to a five-game try-out contract last week. Goaltender Erno Suomalainen remains on the Mavs' active roster.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2014
- Americans Fall to the Mallards 5-2 - Allen Americans
- Mallards Score Three in Third, Down Allen 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Sign Buvinow, Waive Moore - Kansas City Mavericks
- Brampton's Scott Howes Named Easton/CHL Player of the Month - CHL
- Mallards Sign Netminder Levine - Quad City Mallards
- Americans Face Quad City for the First Time this Season - Allen Americans
- Arizona's Andrew Engelage Named Warrior/CHL Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Arizona's Engelage Named Warrior Goalie of the Month - Arizona Sundogs
- Cutthroats Take the Loss in Shootout - Denver Cutthroats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.