Mavericks' Captain Sebastien Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Month
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks, in conjunction with the Central Hockey League (CHL), announced Thursday Mavericks' forward Sebastien Thinel has been named the Easton CHL Player of the Month for December. The Mavericks' captain led Missouri to a 10-3-2 record in the month after averaging nearly two points per contest. He will receive a special gift from Easton and the Central Hockey League to recognize his accomplishment.
Thinel finished December with 29 points on nine goals and 20 assists in just 15 games played and guided the Mavericks to the most wins in one month in team history with 10. The St. Jerome, Quebec native averaged 1.93 points per game and recorded points in 13 of the 15 games. Of those 13 games, Thinel had multiple points in eight games and had a season-high four points in three games. He led the Mavericks with a +9 plus/minus rating, had one game-winning goal and led the team with six power play assists.
The second-year Maverick leads all scorers in the CHL with 50 points this season (15-3550) and he ranks third in the league with a +16 rating. In 2009 and 2011, Thinel won the Joe Burton Scoring Championship recognizing him as the league's top scorer for those seasons.
In his 10th CHL season, Thinel is climbing the ranks on the league's all-time lists with 598 games played (ninth), 779 points (sixth), 273 goals (13th) and 506 assists (sixth).
Easton Central Hockey League Player of the Month
Sebastien Thinel, Missouri Mavericks
Games - 15
Points - 29
Goals - 9
Assists - 20
Plus/Minus - +9
Easton Central Hockey League Player of the Month Previous Winners
October- Jon Booras, Bloomington Blaze
November- Brett Skinner, Allen Americans
December- Sebastien Thinel, Missouri Mavericks
The Mavericks have a pair of games this weekend at Independence Events Center. On Friday, Jan. 4, the first 1,000 fans (15 and under) will receive a youth jersey courtesy of Dental Arts. On Saturday, Jan. 5, the Mavericks will host the Denver Cutthroats for the first time at Independence Events Center. Tickets on are sale via Ticketmaster.com, by calling (800) 745-3000 or by heading to the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2013
- Mavericks' Captain Sebastien Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Sebastien Thinel Named Easton/CHL Player of the Month - CHL
- Mallards Raise Stewart's Number to Rafters Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- McNamara Named Mallards President; Team Extends Lease - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Trade Jeff Pierce to Arizona - Kansas City Mavericks
- Pierce Acquired from Missouri - Arizona Sundogs
- Blaze Return Home for Weekend Rematches, Guns and Hoses Night - Bloomington Blaze
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce Full 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Mavericks Acquire Forward Zeb Knutson from Maine to Complete Futures Trade
- Mavericks Announce Protected List
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award