Missouri's Sebastien Thinel Named Easton/CHL Player of the Month
January 3, 2013 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
GLENDALE, AZ (January 3, 2013) -The Central Hockey League announced today that Missouri Mavericks forward Sebastien Thinel has been named the Easton Central Hockey League Player of the Month for December/2012. Thinel will receive a special gift from Easton and the Central Hockey League to recognize his accomplishment.
The veteran led all skaters with 29 points in the month of December recording nine goals with 20 assists. He also finished with a +9 plus/minus rating and recorded points in 13 of his team's 15 games during the month. The St. Jerome, Quebec native had eight multiple-point games in December which included five games of three points or more.
The effort by Thinel helped his team to a 10-3-2 record in December and on the season, the forward leads the CHL with 50 points (15-35=50). In 2009 and 2011, Thinel won the Joe Burton Scoring Championship recognizing him as the league's top scorer for those seasons.
In his 10th CHL season, second in Missouri after eight in Odessa, Thinel is climbing the ranks on the league's all-time lists with 598 games played (ninth), 779 points (sixth), 273 goals (13th) and 506 assists (sixth).
Other players receiving consideration for the monthly award for December include Allen's Anthony Maiani, Scotty Howes and Tyler Ludwig, Arizona's Chad Nehring, Bloomington's Tyler Gron and Jon Booras, Denver's Brad Smyth, Troy Schwab and A.J. Gale, Fort Worth's Phil Fox, Missouri's Kenton Miller, Quad City's Mickey Lang, Rapid City's Jarrett Konkle, Tulsa's Ryan Menei and Ben Gordon and Wichita's Neil Trimm and K evin Young.
Easton Central Hockey League Player of the Month
Sebastien Thinel, Missouri Mavericks
Games - 15
Points - 29
Goals - 9
Assists - 20
Plus/Minus - +9
Easton Central Hockey League Player of the Month Previous Winners
October- Jon Booras, Bloomington Blaze
November- Brett Skinner, Allen Americans
December- Sebastien Thinel, Missouri Mavericks
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2013
- Mavericks' Captain Sebastien Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Sebastien Thinel Named Easton/CHL Player of the Month - CHL
- Mallards Raise Stewart's Number to Rafters Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- McNamara Named Mallards President; Team Extends Lease - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Trade Jeff Pierce to Arizona - Kansas City Mavericks
- Pierce Acquired from Missouri - Arizona Sundogs
- Blaze Return Home for Weekend Rematches, Guns and Hoses Night - Bloomington Blaze
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.