Mavericks Trade Jeff Pierce to Arizona
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced Thursday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has traded forward Jeff Pierce to the Arizona Sundogs in exchange for future considerations. The Mavericks will receive a player at the end of the season to fulfill the future considerations.
"As players are getting healthy, we knew roster moves would need to be made and we are now in a situation where we have too many forwards," said Mavericks' President and General Manager Brent Thiessen "Jeff is a great hockey player, but unfortunately we had to make a move and we believe this is the right move for the Mavericks at this time."
Pierce finished with 19 points on seven goals and 12 assists in 21 games with the Mavericks.
The Mavericks have a pair of games this weekend at Independence Events Center. On Friday, Jan. 4, the first 1,000 fans (15 and under) will receive a youth jersey courtesy of Dental Arts. On Saturday, Jan. 5, the Mavericks will host the Denver Cutthroats for the first time at Independence Events Center. Tickets on are sale via Ticketmaster.com, by calling (800) 745-3000 or by heading to the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office. For more information on the Missouri Mavericks visit www.MissouriMavericks.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2013
- Mavericks' Captain Sebastien Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Sebastien Thinel Named Easton/CHL Player of the Month - CHL
- Mallards Raise Stewart's Number to Rafters Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- McNamara Named Mallards President; Team Extends Lease - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Trade Jeff Pierce to Arizona - Kansas City Mavericks
- Pierce Acquired from Missouri - Arizona Sundogs
- Blaze Return Home for Weekend Rematches, Guns and Hoses Night - Bloomington Blaze
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.