Pierce Acquired from Missouri
Prescott Valley, AZ - The Arizona Sundogs announced today, they acquired forward Jeff Pierce from the Missouri Mavericks of the Central Hockey League (CHL).
Pierce, the 6'0, Troy, Michigan native joins the Sundogs after playing 21 games with the Mavericks. The 29-year-old forward collected seven goals and 12 assists while in Missouri and carries a plus-minus rating of six. Pierce spent three seasons from 2008-11 with the Odessa Jackalopes a former CHL team. He tallied 168 points in 193 games and was consistently ranked among the teams top six scorers, pushing the team to the CHL playoffs all three seasons. During the 2009-10 playoffs Pierce racked up 20 points in 13 post-season games.
In 2011-12 he joined the Cardiff Devils of the Elite Ice Hockey League (EIHL) in the United Kingdom. He laced up for 53 games and put up 33 goals and 34 assists. Pierce spent his collegiate years playing for Western Michigan University of the CCHA and scored 71 points in 127 games.
The Arizona Sundogs are the Central Hockey League affiliate of the NHL's Phoenix Coyotes. Season tickets, mini-plan, and single-game ticket information is now available by calling (928) 759-6600 or visiting arizonasundogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2013
- Mavericks' Captain Sebastien Thinel Named CHL's Player of the Month - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Sebastien Thinel Named Easton/CHL Player of the Month - CHL
- Mallards Raise Stewart's Number to Rafters Tomorrow Night - Quad City Mallards
- McNamara Named Mallards President; Team Extends Lease - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Trade Jeff Pierce to Arizona - Kansas City Mavericks
- Pierce Acquired from Missouri - Arizona Sundogs
- Blaze Return Home for Weekend Rematches, Guns and Hoses Night - Bloomington Blaze
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.