Massive Weekend of Hockey Incoming for Blades
The Saskatoon Blades are preparing for a massive weekend of hockey that will see them play four games over a five day stretch.
7pm Friday, January 24th - tickets: http://bit.ly/36fuOmE
Saskatoon hosts the Medicine Hat Tigers for Vegas Night presented by Dakota Dunes Casino. The Medicine Hat Tigers, led by the Danish Ottawa Senator goaltending prospect Mats Sogaard, are second placed in the Eastern Conference and roll into town having won seven of their past 10.
Fans will be able to jump into The Original 16 Founders' Lounge from 6pm and play a variety of Casino games with prizes to win from Dakota Dunes Casino and the Saskatoon Blades. The Canadian Automobile Association are also giving everyone in attendance a chance to win a trip to Las Vegas!
Additionally, Magician Andrew Kinakin will be present and performing on the concourse throughout the night.
As usual for all Blades' games on Friday, $5 Happy Hour beers will be available from doors open (6pm) until puck drop (7pm) courtesy of Canadian Brewhouse.
7pm Saturday, January 25th - tickets: http://bit.ly/2NMEy1c
Saturday is Superhero Night presented by Athabasca Basin Security as New York Rangers prospect defeceman Matthew Robertson and his "best in the East" Edmonton Oil Kings come to Saskatoon to close out their season season against the Blades.
The first 1000 kids will receive a FREE Blades themed superhero mask while your favourite superheroes will be available on the concourse for meet & greet photo opportunities!
4pm Sunday, January 26th
The Blades then travel to Regina for their third game in as many days as they take on the Pats for the first time in the 2019-20 season. 19-year-old forward Caiden Daley will play his former club for the first time since being swung from Queen City to the Paris of the Prairies on the Western Hockey League trade deadline day.
This is the first of six important meetings between the two clubs - important because the Blades own the Pats' first round draft selection this year. The lower Regina finish at the end of the season the better Saskatoon's odds are at securing a top-three lottery pick for the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft.
7pm Tuesday, January 28th - tickets: http://bit.ly/2TTY7IC
Rounding out the four-in-five stretch is a biennial visit from the B.C. Division's Victoria Royals on Toonie Tuesday. Former Moose Jaw Warrior and Anaheim Ducks prospect Brayden Tracey returns to the East Division in his new threads as the Royals gear up for a deep playoff run.
Toonie Tuesday means all pop drinks and popcorn are just $2. Plus, when you buy one ticket for Tuesday's game at the box office, your second ticket is only $2!
After this stretch the Blades will have just 10 home games and 11 away games left on the 2019-20 regular season schedule. #BladeCity, the playoff push is almost here!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2020
- Oil Kings Register WHL Season-High 62 Shots on Goal in 5-3 Win over Broncos - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Melnyk Signs with Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- Winterhawks Soar to Second in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- Rebels Shelves Stocked with Promising Prospects - Red Deer Rebels
- Wheat Kings Busy on and off the Ice this Week - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blazers Sign Forward Fraser Minten - Kamloops Blazers
- Pats Re-Call 16-Year-Old Easton Armstrong - Regina Pats
- Massive Weekend of Hockey Incoming for Blades - Saskatoon Blades
- Doust Making An Early Impact with Warriors - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatoon Blades Stories
- Government of Saskatchewan Announces New Funding to Support Junior Hockey
- Love, Dietrich Awarded Silver Medals at 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship
- Robins Skating in First NHL Training Camp, Among Numerous Alumni
- 2021 World Juniors: Canada Blanks Russia to Advance to Gold Medal Game
- Canada Shuts out Czech Republic to Advance to Semifinals