Blazers Sign Forward Fraser Minten
Kamloops, BC - The Kamloops Blazers have signed 15-year-old forward Fraser Minten to a standard WHL education agreement. Minten was the Blazers fourth round pick in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft.
"I'm thrilled to have signed with the Blazers. I'm excited to start working towards becoming a part of the team and the great community in Kamloops," said Minten.
The Vancouver, BC native is playing this season with the West Vancouver Academy Midget Prep team and has 14 goals, 25 assists and 39 points in 23 games this season.
The 6'0" and 165lb forward is fourth among 2003-born players in scoring in the Canadian Sport School Hockey League.
"The experiences I've had in Kamloops have been incredible and joining the Blazers seems like the best decision for me," Minten said. "It's a world class hockey club, from the organization, to the staff, to the facilities and the way the players handle themselves. I'm looking forward to pursuing my hockey dreams in Kamloops," concluded Minten.
General Manager Matt Bardsley commented, "We are extremely excited that Fraser, along with his parents, have decided that Kamloops and the Western Hockey League is where he has chosen to continue his development. He is having a very good season this year and has shown excellent progress while playing for West Van on their Midget Prep Team. Fraser has a great sense for the game and possesses all the skills necessary to not only play at the Western Hockey League level but excel in it. He will be a key contributor in helping us build and maintain a Championship team while helping him achieve his individual goals."
Minten joins prospects Mats Lindgren (1st round, 7th overall), Dylan Ernst (2nd round, 28th overall) and Tye Spencer (3rd round, 50th overall) as players to sign from the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft.
For ticketing information, please contact Jim, Stacy or David at 250-828-1144 or by email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2020
- Oil Kings Register WHL Season-High 62 Shots on Goal in 5-3 Win over Broncos - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Melnyk Signs with Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- Winterhawks Soar to Second in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings - WHL
- Rebels Shelves Stocked with Promising Prospects - Red Deer Rebels
- Wheat Kings Busy on and off the Ice this Week - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Blazers Sign Forward Fraser Minten - Kamloops Blazers
- Pats Re-Call 16-Year-Old Easton Armstrong - Regina Pats
- Massive Weekend of Hockey Incoming for Blades - Saskatoon Blades
- Doust Making An Early Impact with Warriors - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kamloops Blazers Stories
- Memorial Cup and WHL Anniversary Weekend Kicks off Friday with Gord Bamford #REDNEK Music Fest
- Blazers Sign Forward Fraser Minten
- Blazers Alumni Return for Memorial Cup and WHL Championship Anniversary
- Blazers Acquire Carpendale, Make Two Other Minor Deals
- Blazers Acquire Zabransky from Warriors