Mariners Swap Vail for Leone
PORTLAND, ME - The Maine Mariners and Cincinnati Cyclones have completed their second trade in three weeks, announcing a deal today that sends defenseman Chris Leone to Maine in exchange for forward Brady Vail.
Leone, a 26-year-old blue liner from Dearborn Heights, MI has prior experience with four ECHL teams - Greenville, Toledo, Manchester, and Cincinnati. He appeared in a career-high 68 regular season games last season, scoring five goals while adding 16 assists. His 2016-17 season was split between four organizations (two ECHL and two SPHL), but the bulk of the time came with the Toledo Walleye, where he played 28 games - scoring two goals and adding eight assists.
Leone (5'11, 198 lbs), played his NCAA hockey in his home state for Adrian College, where he was a steady point producer on the Bulldogs' blue line. In his senior season of 2015-16, Leone posted 27 points (11 goals, 16 assists) in 29 games.
The Mariners signed Brady Vail in early July, after the forward spent last season between Norfolk and Atlanta. He's a 24-year-old native of Hendersonville, NC.
The trade marks the second recent deal between Maine and Cincinnati, as the Mariners shipped defenseman Mitch Jones to the Cyclones on September 27th in exchange for future considerations.
The Mariners, proud affiliate of the New York Rangers, will begin the regular season at Cross Insurance Arena on Saturday night against the Adirondack Thunder at 6:00 PM. The Mariners are members of the ECHL: the premier AA hockey league in the United States. Single game tickets are on sale now at www.MarinersOfMaine.com or by calling the Trusted Choice Box office at 207-775-3458. Fans interested in season tickets, groups, five game plans, or flex packs can call 833-GO-MAINE.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 9, 2018
- Americans Receive Four from Iowa - Allen Americans
- Thunder Acquires Hodgson from Toledo - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Add Myles McGurty - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 9 - ECHL
- Royals Claim D Dornbrock - Reading Royals
- Komets Roster Trimmed by Five - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mariners Swap Vail for Leone - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- Cyclones Acquire Vail from Maine - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Season Ticket Holder Banquet Next Week - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Charley Graaskamp - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Makes Goalie Moves - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.