Cyclones Acquire Vail from Maine
Cincinnati, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's (NHL) Buffalo Sabres and the American Hockey League's (AHL) Rochester Americans, have acquired forward Brady Vail from the Maine Mariners in exchange for defenseman Chris Leone.
A native of Hendersonville, NC, Vail split the 2017-18 season between the Norfolk Admirals and Atlanta Gladiators, accounting for 15 goals and 21 assists in 39 games. One year prior, Vail appeared in 53 games between the Americans, Admirals, and Ft. Wayne Komets, and totaled 10 goals and 15 assists in that time.
Drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the fourth round of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Vail has also seen ECHL time with the Orlando Solar Bears, and has skated with the Toronto Marlies and Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL. Overall, in 249 professional games, Vail has amassed 153 points (61g, 92a) along with 105 minutes in penalties.
The 24-year-old played junior hockey for the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) and the Waterloo Black Hawks of the United States Hockey League (USHL). In 312 junior games, Vail racked up 81 goals and 127 assists.
Leone departs Cincinnati after one season with the team. In 2017-18, Leone accounted for five goals and 21 assists, along with a plus-10 on-ice rating.
The 2018-19 season is on the horizon, and tickets for First Face-Off are on sale NOW! Call (513) 421-PUCK for information regarding information on season and group ticket packages for this upcoming season, and you can also get the latest team updates on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 9, 2018
- Americans Receive Four from Iowa - Allen Americans
- Thunder Acquires Hodgson from Toledo - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Add Myles McGurty - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 9 - ECHL
- Royals Claim D Dornbrock - Reading Royals
- Komets Roster Trimmed by Five - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mariners Swap Vail for Leone - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- Cyclones Acquire Vail from Maine - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Season Ticket Holder Banquet Next Week - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Charley Graaskamp - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Makes Goalie Moves - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.