Swamp Rabbits Acquire Charley Graaskamp
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits have acquired forward Charley Graaskamp from the Fort Wayne Komets in exchange for cash considerations. Graaskamp is entering his second professional season.
Graaskamp's first professional season was spent with the Utah Grizzlies in the 2017-18 season, where he made his pro debut on October 16, 2017. He began his pro career with a goal in his first game, and a four-game point streak with two goals and two assists inclusive.
"Charley's ability to make plays will be a big asset to our team," said head coach Kevin Kerr. "He comes to Greenville with pro experience, which is a plus, and can be a productive center for us who will work hard."
Prior to his professional debut last season, where he scored 14 points in 25 games, he played four years of junior hockey. His junior career began with the USHL's Dubuque Fighting Saints before moving on to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and Sudbury Wolves of the OHL, and the Québec Remparts, the Drummondville Voltigeurs and Val-d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL.
He found his stride in the QMJHL, where he posted 34 goals and 56 assists in 118 games. His best work came at the conclusion of his career in the Q, where he notched 9 points in 10 playoff games with the Foreurs.
Additionally, the Swamp Rabbits have released the following players:
PTO: Jake Trask, Stathis Soumelidis, Jordan Ruby, Kyle Powell, Caleb Cameron
Pro: Jarrid Privitera
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team's official Facebook ) and Twitter ) pages!
Contact a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive at 864.674.PUCK (7825) for information on 2018-19 ticket plans, special group rates and hospitality opportunities and secure your seats today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 9, 2018
- Americans Receive Four from Iowa - Allen Americans
- Thunder Acquires Hodgson from Toledo - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Add Myles McGurty - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 9 - ECHL
- Royals Claim D Dornbrock - Reading Royals
- Komets Roster Trimmed by Five - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mariners Swap Vail for Leone - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- Cyclones Acquire Vail from Maine - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Season Ticket Holder Banquet Next Week - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Charley Graaskamp - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Makes Goalie Moves - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.