Komets Roster Trimmed by Five
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets announced Tuesday that four players have been released. Chase Phelps (F), Jake Hauswirth (F) and Oskari Halme (D) have been released from tryout agreements and Mathieu Nadeau (D) has been placed on waivers.
The Komets also announced Tuesday that forward Charley Graaskamp has been traded to the Greenville Swamp Rabbits for cash consideration.
The 2018-19 roster falls to 22 players including12 forwards, seven defensemen and three goaltenders.
The Komets will launch the 2018-19 season with two road games this weekend. The Komets travel to Indy to face the intrastate rival Fuel Friday at 7:35pm for the season opener. Saturday the Komets skate at Cincinnati at 7:35pm.
The Komets will host their 67th home opener Saturday, Oct. 20 at 7:30pm against the arch rival Kalamazoo Wings. Single game tickets for all 36 Komet regular season home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office. Season Tickets also remain on sale at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way. For more information visit Komets.com or call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 9, 2018
- Americans Receive Four from Iowa - Allen Americans
- Thunder Acquires Hodgson from Toledo - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Add Myles McGurty - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - October 9 - ECHL
- Royals Claim D Dornbrock - Reading Royals
- Komets Roster Trimmed by Five - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mariners Swap Vail for Leone - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Announces Marvel Super Hero Nights for 2018-19 Season - ECHL
- Cyclones Acquire Vail from Maine - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Season Ticket Holder Banquet Next Week - Rapid City Rush
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Charley Graaskamp - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Makes Goalie Moves - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.