Major League Soccer to Launch Channel on Pluto TV
May 13, 2019 - Major League Soccer (MLS) News Release
NEW YORK - Major League Soccer (MLS) and Pluto TV , the leading free streaming television service in America, today announced the launch of the league's channel on Pluto TV (Ch. 203).
With soccer capturing the highest percentage of millennial audiences of any major U.S. sport, MLS' agreement with Pluto TV illustrates the league's commitment to offering more destinations for fans to enjoy exciting and creative content on the world's most popular game.
"Major League Soccer's agreement with Pluto TV offers fans a new way to experience the game and interact with our high-quality content," said MLS SVP of Media, Chris Schlosser. "Major League Soccer is always evaluating new opportunities to provide our young, diverse and tech savvy fan base increased access to our matches, athletes and clubs. We are thrilled to offer a new free, content destination for our fans."
Highlights of the available programming include classic matches, such as MLS Cup 2018 and Zlatan Ibrahimovic's debut for the LA Galaxy, a 4-3 win over crosstown rivals LAFC. Original features on offer will include The Movement, which explores the intersection of soccer and culture, and The Birth of a Rivalry, MLS's flagship series about the passion of new rivalries.
Additional programming includes Matchday Central, featuring expert analysis from MLS personalities; Extratime driven by Continental, a twice-weekly talk show; MLS Review, a weekly show; and highlights including "Top 10 Plays" and "All Goals," amongst others.
"Establishing our first league offering with a renowned and respected organization like the MLS is the perfect match," states Amy Kuessner, SVP of Content Partnerships for Pluto TV. "Expanding Pluto TV's sports offerings has long been a goal of the platform, and we're proud to kick that off with the most popular game in the world."
MLS' new channel will join Pluto TV's 100+ live, linear, curated channels and thousands of movies on demand from nearly 150 major studios, networks, publishers and digital first outfits.
Viewers and fans can access Pluto TV in the living room by utilizing Amazon's Fire TV, Roku, Android TV, Chromecast, on Smart TVs by Vizio, Hisense, and Sony, or on gaming consoles such as PS4. It is also available on-the-go via apps for iOS, Android, and Amazon, at-the-fingertips on PC and Mac, or on the web at www.Pluto.TV.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 13, 2019
- OneRepublic Headlines 2019 National Soccer Hall of Fame Induction Weekend - FC Dallas
- New England Revolution Part Ways with General Manager Michael Burns - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 13, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 13, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Deposits for 2020 Season Tickets Now Accepted - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Signs Forward Gyasi Zardes to a Multi-Year Contract Extension - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan Voted MLS Player of the Week - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Victor Ulloa Named to MLS Team of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Faces Quick Turnaround Wednesday in Seattle - Orlando City SC
- Lagos Kunga Loaned to Memphis 901 FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 13, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Avaya Stadium to Host Cruz Azul vs. Atlas on July 10 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Major League Soccer to Launch Channel on Pluto TV - MLS
- D.C. United Beat Sporting KC 1-0 at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.