Major League Soccer and Wells Fargo Team up to Recognize Community MVPs
Fans throughout the soccer community now have an opportunity to nominate themselves or other MLS supporters who have provided critical services during the COVID-19 pandemic, as part of the league's 2020 MLS WORKS Community MVPs Program, presented by Wells Fargo.
Through the annual Community MVPs Program, recognizing MLS fans who go above and beyond to make a positive impact and serve our communities, more than $65,000 will be donated to charities in the communities where we live and play our games.
Nominees can include healthcare professionals, social workers, teachers, first responders and many other essential workers keeping our communities resilient and safe over the challenging last few months.
Nominate a Community Leader now at mlsworkscmvp.com.
Twenty-six Community MVPs will be selected, one representing each MLS club, to receive national and local recognition, a donation to a 501(c)(3) charity of their choice, a customized adidas MLS jersey and an MLS adidas 2020 Official Match Ball.
"For the last eight years, the Community MVP program has shined a light on individuals who are making a difference in the lives of others," Jen Cramer, SVP of Partnership Marketing for MLS said in a Thursday release. "Major League Soccer is proud to recognize the fans making a positive impact in our communities especially during these challenging times."
"The Community MVP program is one of the highlights of Wells Fargo's relationship with Major League Soccer because it's an opportunity for anyone in the soccer community to be recognized for the important work they do," said Nick Carey, Head of Sponsorships & Brand Engagement for Wells Fargo. "Since 2013, we've celebrated 147 Community MVPs and we're especially excited to showcase 26 more this year."
Nominations will be accepted from Thursday, Oct. 8 through Tuesday, Oct. 20, and the 26 Community MVPs will be announced on Thursday, November 12. Fans can learn more about each representative at MLSsoccer.com/CommunityMVP.
MLS Unites to VOTE
Join Major League Soccer, Black Players for Change, and the MLS Players Association in participating in the November 3 general election. In-person early voting has started in over 18 states. Make a plan to vote.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 9, 2020
- Fort Lauderdale CF Falls 4-1 on the Road against New England Revolution II - Inter Miami CF
- Real Salt Lake to Face Whitecaps FC Saturday in Portland - Real Salt Lake
- October 10 Match against LA Galaxy Postponed - Colorado Rapids
- Saturday's Colorado Rapids vs. LA Galaxy Match Postponed - MLS
- LA Galaxy Match vs. Colorado Rapids Postponed - LA Galaxy
- McCarthy Following Club Debut: "I'M Trying to Make the Best of It and Keep PushingÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- D.C. United Acquire An International Roster Slot from Sporting KC and Edison Flores Activated from Injured List - D.C. United
- Sporting KC Acquires $50K in GAM from D.C. United - Sporting Kansas City
- Major League Soccer and Wells Fargo Team up to Recognize Community MVPs - Colorado Rapids
- Trapp Ahead of Career Milestone: "I Just Hope for a Win for the TeamÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York Red Bulls - Atlanta United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- New York Begin Back-To-Back Road Trips, Starting in Atlanta - New York Red Bulls
- Inter Miami CF to Host Houston Dynamo on Saturday - Inter Miami CF
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Two-Game Stretch against Eastern Conference Opponents in Florida - Houston Dynamo
- Sporting KC Hosts Nashville SC on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Rescued Sea Otter and Global YouTube Star Joey Featured on New Whitecaps FC Face Masks in Support of Vancouver Aquarium - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- A Versatile Team Player: What to Expect from Philip Mayaka in MLS
- Recapping the Rapids 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Philip Mayaka's Soccer Journey from Kenya to MLS
- Rapids Look to Continue Recent Success at 2021 MLS SuperDraft on January 21
- Sam Vines Continues to Impress USMNT Coaching Staff Ahead of Olympic Qualifiers