Madison Capitols & USHL to Cancel Rest of 2019-20 Season
Middleton, WI - The USHL announced Wednesday its decision to cancel the rest of the 2019-20 season after an initial postponement on March 12. The decision was unanimously made by the USHL Board of Directors with the best interest of USHL athletes, staff, officials and fans in mind.
"This decision was not an easy one to make, but was a necessity in order to keep our athletes, staff, and fans in all of 16 of our communities safe amid the international health risk," said USHL President and Commissioner Tom Garrity. "While we believe our product is the best junior hockey that fans can view, we also understand the health of our athletes, employees, fans, and communities is more important during this time."
The Madison Capitols are sad to announce the conclusion of the season, but want to send thanks to everyone involved in giving us a season we'll never forget. The Capitols finished the year with a 12-34-3-1 record and had 12 total games still remaining. The team concluded the season on a three-game win-streak as well.
We are excited to build off the momentum of this past season and look forward to a great 2020-21 season. We hope everyone stays safe and healthy through these challenging times. For more information, call the Capitols office at 608-257-CAPS(2277).
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2020
- Madison Capitols & USHL to Cancel Rest of 2019-20 Season - Madison Capitols
- Youngstown Phantoms Update on the 2019-2020 USHL Season March 18, 2020 - Youngstown Phantoms
- USHL Season Cancelled - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Important Ticket Information - Green Bay Gamblers
- Sioux City Musketeers Announce Ticket Refund Policy & Promotional Outlook - Sioux City Musketeers
- COVID-19 Officially Ends USHL Season - Waterloo Black Hawks
- USHL Announces Cancellation of 2019-20 Season Due to Covid-19 - Fargo Force
- Chicago Steel Statement on USHL Season Cancellation - Chicago Steel
- USHL Cancels Season Due to COVID-19 - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.