USHL Cancels Season Due to COVID-19
March 18, 2020 - United States Hockey League (USHL) News Release
CHICAGO, IL - The USHL announced Wednesday its decision to cancel the rest of the 2019-20 season after initial postponement on March 12. The decision was unanimously made by the USHL Board of Directors with the best interest of USHL athletes, staff, officials and fans in mind.
"This decision was not an easy one to make, but was a necessity in order to keep our athletes, staffs and fans in all 16 of our communities safe amid this international health risk," said USHL President and Commissioner Tom Garrity. "While we believe our product is the best junior hockey that fans can view, we also understand the health of our athletes, employees, fans and communities is more important during this time."
With the season concluded, the USHL will announce the 2019-20 season awards in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 18, 2020
- Madison Capitols & USHL to Cancel Rest of 2019-20 Season - Madison Capitols
- Youngstown Phantoms Update on the 2019-2020 USHL Season March 18, 2020 - Youngstown Phantoms
- USHL Season Cancelled - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Important Ticket Information - Green Bay Gamblers
- Sioux City Musketeers Announce Ticket Refund Policy & Promotional Outlook - Sioux City Musketeers
- COVID-19 Officially Ends USHL Season - Waterloo Black Hawks
- USHL Announces Cancellation of 2019-20 Season Due to Covid-19 - Fargo Force
- Chicago Steel Statement on USHL Season Cancellation - Chicago Steel
- USHL Cancels Season Due to COVID-19 - USHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.