Lynx Select Ji-Su Park with the 17th Overall Pick in the 2018 WNBA Draft
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The Minnesota Lynx tonight selected Ji-Su Park from South Korea with the 17th overall pick in the 2018 WNBA Draft.
Park, a 6-5 center, finished her second season with the Korean club team KB Stars in March, averaging a double-double of 14.2 ppg (48.8%) and 12.9 rpg along with 3.2 apg and 1.3 spg. She has also played on the Korean national team, most recently in July of 2017 in the FIBA Women's Asia Cup as Korea fell to China in the third-place game. In six games during the tournament, Park averaged 10.3 ppg (47.2%), 8.2 rpg and 2.2 bpg. In the 2016 FIBA Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament she averaged 7.0 points per game, 10.8 boards and 0.4 assists.
Throughout four years of senior level play she averaged 8.4 ppg, 7.0 rebounds and 0.7 apg. Park led South Korea to a third-place finish in the 2015 FIBA Asia Women's Championship, while the team finished fourth in the 2017 FIBA Women's Asia Cup.
The Lynx will tip off the team's 20th season in the WNBA with their home opener including the 2017 Championship banner and ring ceremony on Sunday, May 20 at 4:00 p.m. at Target Center. Full-season memberships, which include tickets to all 17 home games, priority playoff seating and the ability to purchase tickets to the WNBA All-Star Game before they go on-sale to the general public are still available by visiting www.lynxbasketball.com or by calling 612-673-8400.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 12, 2018
- Mercury Make Four Selections in 2018 WNBA Draft - Phoenix Mercury
- Las Vegas Selects A'ja Wilson with First Overall Pick - WNBA
- Atlanta Dream Select Three Players in 2018 WNBA Draft - Atlanta Dream
- Minnesota Lynx Wrap 2018 WNBA Draft - Minnesota Lynx
- Mystics Select Atkins in 2018 WNBA Draft - Washington Mystics
- New York Liberty Selects All-American Guard Kia Nurse from UConn in the 1st Round of the 2018 WNBA Draft - New York Liberty
- LA Sparks Select Shakayla Thomas 23rd Overall in 2018 WNBA Draft - Los Angeles Sparks
- Las Vegas Aces Select A'Ja Wilson with First Pick in 2018 WNBA Draft - Las Vegas Aces
- Lynx Select Ji-Su Park with the 17th Overall Pick in the 2018 WNBA Draft - Minnesota Lynx
- LA Sparks Select Maria Vadeeva 11th Overall in 2018 WNBA Draft - Los Angeles Sparks
- Lynx New Icon Edition Uniforms, Court Design and App Revealed - Minnesota Lynx
- Minnesota Lynx Issue Statement on Lindsay Whalen - Minnesota Lynx
- Atlanta Dream Trade Bria Holmes to Connecticut Sun - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Women's 3x3 Roster Announced for World Beach Games
- Odyssey Sims Named to All-WNBA Second Team
- Cheryl Reeve Named 2019 WNBA Basketball Executive of the Year
- Napheesa Collier Named 2019 WNBA Rookie of the Year
- USA Basketball Unveils Expanded Women's National Team Program