Lynx New Icon Edition Uniforms, Court Design and App Revealed
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The Minnesota Lynx today revealed their new Icon Edition uniforms, court design and app to a group of season ticket members at their member WNBA Draft party. Images of these are available for download here .
All 12 WNBA teams will have two core uniforms. For the Lynx, the Icon Edition colors are primarily the team's Lake Blue, with accents of the Midnight Blue (navy) and Moonlight Grey. The full design and innovation story behind the new Nike WNBA uniforms, as well as the Statement Edition uniforms, will be unveiled in late April.
For the fifth year, Mayo Clinic will be the presenting partner of the Lynx season, as well as their jersey sponsor. As part of their multi-year partnership, Mayo serves as the official medical provider of the Minnesota Lynx. The team has access to their renowned physicians through the Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Center attached to the team's training facility in downtown Minneapolis.
"The relationship between Mayo Clinic and the Minnesota Lynx runs deep - through our shared roots in Minnesota, our drive for championship-level performance, and the belief that success can only be accomplished through teamwork," said Mayo Clinic President and CEO John Noseworthy, M.D. "Mayo Clinic takes great pride in partnering with the Lynx, and we are very pleased to have our name displayed on the front of the Lynx jerseys. We wish them continued success as they enter the 2018 season and beyond."
New jerseys will be available in the Lynx Team Store inside of Target Center and on the new online team store www.lynxteamstore.com by the start of the 2018 season.
The court design features the new Lynx logo prominently displayed at center court. It also features a light wood with Midnight Blue as the primary hue around the baseline, end line and on-court markings. There are red Target Center emblems on the court and U.S. Bank logos on the sidelines.
The team has also launched their new app, which creates a remote control for the fan experience. The app provides Lynx fans returning to the renovated Target Center a roadmap to navigate the arena to browse concessions, find nearest parking, determine best entrance for seat location and access the ticketing platform. It also provides a unified experience, so users can access team content, arena information and ticketing all in one place. The app was launched with partner VenueNext and is now available for download on iTunes and Google Play.
Tickets for the Lynx 20th season are on-sale now at www.lynxbasketball.com or by calling 612-673-8400.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 12, 2018
- Mercury Make Four Selections in 2018 WNBA Draft - Phoenix Mercury
- Las Vegas Selects A'ja Wilson with First Overall Pick - WNBA
- Atlanta Dream Select Three Players in 2018 WNBA Draft - Atlanta Dream
- Minnesota Lynx Wrap 2018 WNBA Draft - Minnesota Lynx
- Mystics Select Atkins in 2018 WNBA Draft - Washington Mystics
- New York Liberty Selects All-American Guard Kia Nurse from UConn in the 1st Round of the 2018 WNBA Draft - New York Liberty
- LA Sparks Select Shakayla Thomas 23rd Overall in 2018 WNBA Draft - Los Angeles Sparks
- Las Vegas Aces Select A'Ja Wilson with First Pick in 2018 WNBA Draft - Las Vegas Aces
- Lynx Select Ji-Su Park with the 17th Overall Pick in the 2018 WNBA Draft - Minnesota Lynx
- LA Sparks Select Maria Vadeeva 11th Overall in 2018 WNBA Draft - Los Angeles Sparks
- Lynx New Icon Edition Uniforms, Court Design and App Revealed - Minnesota Lynx
- Minnesota Lynx Issue Statement on Lindsay Whalen - Minnesota Lynx
- Atlanta Dream Trade Bria Holmes to Connecticut Sun - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Twin Cities Harvest Festival, Proud Supporter of the Minnesota Lynx FastBreak Foundation, and the Minnesota Lynx to Host Lynx Day
- Odyssey Sims Suspended Two Games
- Minnesota Timberwolves, Sister Franchises Announce New Social Responsibility Platform Pack Gives Back
- Women's 3x3 Roster Announced for World Beach Games
- Odyssey Sims Named to All-WNBA Second Team