Lubbock Makes Trade / Highshaw Earns Cutters Catch of the Week
LUBBOCK, TX: May 30, 2007 - The inaugural Lubbock Renegades of the arenafootball2 completed some moves Tuesday in preparation for their game Saturday night in Arkansas by completing a deal with the Youngstown, Ohio based Mahoning Valley Thunder. The Renegades sent defensive back Marcus Walker to the Thunder in return for lineman Shalom Tuimalealiifano. Lubbock also placed lineman Calvin English on the injured reserve list and learned from the af2 that Chris Highshaw earned the Cutter's Catch of the Week in the af2. Tuimalealiifano (two-e-mah-lah-all-e-fana) is a 6'6" 285 pound lineman that is in his first af2 season. The Waipahu, Hawaii native has 15 tackles (12 solo) in eight games. He ranked second in sacks with 5 and tackles for a loss with 6.5, while co-leading the team in safeties with one. Tuimalealiifano played two seasons at College of the Canyons (2001-2002) in California and also spent time attending West Texas A&M in Canyon (2004-2005).
Walker, a native of Blackville, South Carolina, has primarily served as a defensive back for the Renegades, but has also spent time at wide receiver and as a holder on special teams. In seven games, Walker had 24 tackles (17 solo) and led the Renegades in pass breakups (10) and interceptions (3). He also had 2 receptions on the offensive side of the ball, with each resulting in touchdowns. English suffered an injury against Laredo and has been placed on the injured reserve list. The Covington, Georgia native co-leads the team in sacks (4) and leads the team in quarterback hurries (3).
Highshaw earns his first Cutter's Catch of the Week honor of his career and becomes the second Renegade to receive the honor behind Alvance Robinson. Highshaw's catch came during the third quarter of Lubbock's 71-44 win over Laredo, as he reached over the boards while sprinting down the left side of the field and hauled in a 21-yard touchdown catch. He was halfway into the stands, but his momentum pulled him back into play and into the endzone for the score.
The trade involving Tuimalealiifano and Walker is the second completed deal between the two teams this season. Former Renegade Chris Smith was acquired from the Thunder for future considerations. Media members seeking additional information in regards to this week's game or the transaction may contact Chris Due with the Renegades at 806-549-4228.
The Renegades return to action this Saturday night with a 7 p.m. kickoff at ALLTEL Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas against the Arkansas Twisters. Their next home game is scheduled for June 23rd against the Amarillo Dusters. Individual ticket and corporate sponsorship information is available by contacting the Renegades office at (806) 744-5858. Additional Renegades info can be found online via their official site at www.lubbockrenegades.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 30, 2007
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
- Sharks Weekly Release - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Xtreme Sharks Merchandise - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Yard Dawgz Game Preview - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Green Bay Blizzard vs. Louisville Fire Game Preview - Green Bay Blizzard
- Lubbock Makes Trade / Highshaw Earns Cutters Catch of the Week - Lubbock Renegades
- Crusade for Children - Louisville Fire Arena Football Throw - Louisville Fire
- Wolves Garnering Accolades - Manchester Wolves
- Steeldogs Face Divisional Rival Florida - Alabama Steeldogs
- "Blizzard" Forecasted for Louisville on Saturday - Louisville Fire
- Pioneers Top Coaches Poll For Sixth Straight Week - af2
- Blitz to Host Third BLITZ WOW! (Women of Wisdom) Seminar - Bakersfield Blitz
- Swinton Retires - Arkansas Diamonds
- Thunder Acquire Two in Trades - Mahoning Valley Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.