Wolves Garnering Accolades
The Manchester Wolves' 50-40 win over East Division rival Mahoning Valley Thunder meant earning the team's first road victory of the year after losing the first four, but for three Wolves their efforts last Friday in Ohio earned them even more recognition. With the victory; Wolves Head Coach earned his 50 th all-time af2 win, DB Allistair Sebastien collected his 29th career interception to move him within one of the all-time leader, while WR Jarrail Jackson scored 18 points to move to 808 points all-time.
With the win Bennett moved to 5th all-time in the af2 league with his 50 wins while his adversary Rich Ingold, head coach of the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Pioneers (8-0), is one win ahead of him at 51. Both Bennett and Ingold are entering their fifth seasons as head coaches in the af2.
Sebastien (6'0, 200), who is playing his sixth season in the af2 and fifth with the Wolves, nabbed his 29 th career interception in the win. The defensive specialist is now just one behind the af2's all-time leader Matt Forbes of the Louisville Fire. So far in his career Sebastien has amassed 362.5 total tackles to go along with his 29 interceptions in just 76 games played. The New York native currently holds the Wolves all-time records in tackles (329.0) and interceptions (25). With seven games into the 2007 season Sebastien leads the team in tackles (50.0) and interceptions (3).
"I'm not really thinking about it (the record) to tell you the truth," said Sebastien. "I'm more worried about our current season as we are lacking some consistency. I just hope I can make some big plays so that I can help our team make the playoffs."
Jackson (5'9, 190), who is entering his fifth season in the af2 and first with the Wolves, surpassed the 800 all-time point total in the af2 with his three touchdown performance last Friday. The former Oklahoma Sooner currently has 808 points scored which ranks him third all-time behind Kevin Williams (Arkansas Twisters) and Magic Benton (Florida Firecats) respectively.
Watch Bennett, Sebastien and Jackson along with the rest of your favorite Wolves this Friday, June 1 st at 7:05 p.m. when Mancehster (4-4) takes on the Tulsa Talons (7-1) on Brady Sullivan Field at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, N.H. The June 1st game entitled "Military Appreciation Night" will feature a halftime swearing in of all the military branches, a visit from Two-Star Major General Clark and a special performance to kick off the game! Everyone in attendance will also receive a FREE bingo card from Bellman's Jewelers for a chance to win $20,000 and a pass for a FREE cruise thanks to the Isle of Shoals!
Don't miss another exciting action-packed season of Manchester Wolves football in 2007! For information on tickets, or the casting call fans can contact the Wolves at 603.627.WOLF (9653) or visit them on the web at www.manchesterwolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 30, 2007
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
- Sharks Weekly Release - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Xtreme Sharks Merchandise - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Yard Dawgz Game Preview - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Green Bay Blizzard vs. Louisville Fire Game Preview - Green Bay Blizzard
- Lubbock Makes Trade / Highshaw Earns Cutters Catch of the Week - Lubbock Renegades
- Crusade for Children - Louisville Fire Arena Football Throw - Louisville Fire
- Wolves Garnering Accolades - Manchester Wolves
- Steeldogs Face Divisional Rival Florida - Alabama Steeldogs
- "Blizzard" Forecasted for Louisville on Saturday - Louisville Fire
- Pioneers Top Coaches Poll For Sixth Straight Week - af2
- Blitz to Host Third BLITZ WOW! (Women of Wisdom) Seminar - Bakersfield Blitz
- Swinton Retires - Arkansas Diamonds
- Thunder Acquire Two in Trades - Mahoning Valley Thunder