Long Island Nets Add Wayne Blackshear
LONG ISLAND (Dec. 31, 2021) - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired forward Wayne Blackshear from the available player pool.
Blackshear (6'5", 214) has appeared in 34 career NBA G League games (one start) during one season (2019-20) with Maine, recording averages of 5.9 points and 2.6 rebounds in 16.2 minutes per contest. Additionally, Blackshear has played five seasons (2014-21) internationally in Italy, Lebanon, Finland and Poland. Most recently, he spent the 2020-21 season overseas with PGE Spojnia Stargard of the Polish Basketball League, where he averaged 8.2 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 25.1 minutes per game over five appearances (four starts). Prior to his professional career, the Chicago native played four seasons (2011-15) at Louisville, recording averages of 8.3 points and 3.2 rebounds in 20.8 minutes per game over 126 games (89 starts).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 31, 2021
- Long Island Nets Add Wayne Blackshear - Long Island Nets
- Jaysean Paige Signs 10-Day Contract with Detroit Pistons - Maine Celtics
- Knicks Acquire Blake Francis and Jordan Allen from Available Player Pool - Westchester Knicks
- Paris Bass Earns NBA Call-Up with Phoenix Suns - South Bay Lakers
- Knicks' MJ Walker Signs with Phoenix Suns - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Acquires Earl Clark, Sam Thompson - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.