Knicks Acquire Blake Francis and Jordan Allen from Available Player Pool
TARRYTOWN, NY - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, acquired Blake Francis and Jordan Allen from the Available Player Pool as announced by the team Friday morning.
Francis, 6'0, 175, entered the Available Player Pool on November 4, 2021, after being waived by Raptors 905. He was drafted by 905 in the second round of the NBA G League Draft on October 23, 2021, prior to the start of the 2021-22 NBA G League season. He went undrafted in the 2021 NBA Draft and later joined the Detroit Pistons at NBA Summer League. The guard averaged 2.0 points and 2.0 assists in three games played.
The Herndon, VA native spent his first two college seasons at Wagner (2016-18) before redshirting his junior year and transferring to Richmond (2019-21) for two seasons. He averaged 14.5 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.7 assists collegiately.
Allen, 6'4, 195, entered the Available Player Pool on November 2, 2021 after being waived by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. He was drafted by the Mad Ants in the second round of the NBA G League Draft on October 23, 2021, prior to the start of the 2021-22 NBA G League season, after going undrafted in the 2021 NBA Draft.
The Dover, DE native had a redshirt-freshman year at Rider (2016-17), before playing two seasons with the team (2017-19) and transferring to Lynn (2019-20) for his redshirt-junior year. He averaged 14.0 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.0 assists across his collegiate career.
The NBA G League announced last week that its regular season, originally scheduled to tip off on Dec. 27, will begin on Jan. 5, 2022. The delay will give teams an opportunity to safely return players to market after the Christmas holiday and to replenish their rosters following NBA Call-Ups.
Information regarding games originally scheduled between Dec. 27 and Jan. 4 will be provided at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 31, 2021
- Long Island Nets Add Wayne Blackshear - Long Island Nets
- Jaysean Paige Signs 10-Day Contract with Detroit Pistons - Maine Celtics
- Knicks Acquire Blake Francis and Jordan Allen from Available Player Pool - Westchester Knicks
- Paris Bass Earns NBA Call-Up with Phoenix Suns - South Bay Lakers
- Knicks' MJ Walker Signs with Phoenix Suns - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Acquires Earl Clark, Sam Thompson - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Sneak by Go-Go in Overtime; 115-112
- Knicks' Williams Makes History as 905 Outlasts Westchester
- Knicks Acquire NBA Veteran Allen Crabbe; Waive Griffin
- High Octane Offensive Contest Favors Celtics over Knicks
- Knicks Blast Celtics 126-99 for Second Straight Home Victory