Long Island Nets Acquire Josh Newkirk
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets, the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, have acquired guard Josh Newkirk from the available player pool to replace forward Mitch Creek while he plays with the Australian National Team.
Newkirk (6'1", 195) appeared in 21 games for the NBA G League's Texas Legends this season, averaging 3.2 points and 1.0 assists in 8.5 minutes per contest prior to being waived on Feb. 10.
Prior to joining the Legends, Newkirk played two seasons (2016-18) at Indiana University after spending his first two collegiate seasons (2013-15) at the University of Pittsburgh. In 31 games (24 starts) last season, he recorded averages of 7.1 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.8 assists in 23.3 minutes per game while leading the Hoosiers with 86 assists.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2019
- Knicks' Stephen Zimmerman Named to USA World Cup Qualifying February Team - Westchester Knicks
- Michael Frazier II Named to February 2019 USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Knicks Return to Action Tomorrow Versus Red Claws - Westchester Knicks
- Skyforce Acquires Rafferty, Tarin - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Mad Ants Acquire Jovan Mooring - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Erie BayHawks Add Anthony "A.J." Mosby - Erie BayHawks
- Alex Poythress Transferred to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Long Island Nets Acquire Josh Newkirk - Long Island Nets
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Windy City Scores 46 Points in Fourth Quarter as Nets Drop Third Straight
- Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware
- Long Island Nets to Host Military Appreciation Game, Presented by Bank of America, Sunday, November 17
- Long Island Nets to Raise 2018-19 Eastern Conference Championship Banner this Friday, November 15, at NYCB Live
- Long Island Nets Fall to College Park in Home Opener